FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Random Hair Thoughts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 336>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 3.88  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemesis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Hair Thoughts!
    Posted: Apr 26 2017 at 7:50am
I went to a sisterlock consultation last week and was quoted $850. I was willing to spend $500 bc i plan to hv locs forever once i get them and figured I've spent more than that over the years on my hair getting braids, buying products and whatnot and will be saving more in the long run with locs once i get them. But even that's too much not to mention $850, then there's the $70 retightning fee every 4 weeks fee. The loctician said I've very dense hair and it would take hours to finish, which's why they're expensive. She said she typically charges $1000 or higher Shocked. I'm now considering interlocking method for my starter locks, not just because they're cheaper, lol, but bc it seems you can avoid the chicken head look with this method and bc it gives you the loc'd look quicker. I hope this would be a good method for my 4c hair. I've been doing a process of elimination in choosing the right starter for myself and have now narrowed it down to interlocks, tho I'm a anxious about how they will turn out. I'm going to get someone to do them then be doing the retightning myself.

These youtubers started theirs with interlocks.

My length should be about hers but she's 4b.

She also started hers with interlocks and they're coming along well.

Edited by nemesis1 - Apr 26 2017 at 8:28am
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 1:38pm
I haven't bought she moisture either. Even tho it smells really good, I put it back down.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 12:44pm
I saw that too ^^... no *&%^$#@Es given over here and the wack apology
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2017 at 10:27pm
Shea Moisture stuck their feet in their mouths AGAIN. They tried it because people let the shyt slide the first time a couple years ago but not I. I stopped buying that shyt when they started begging to cross over to the white side of the isle. I saw this shyt coming. Bye bitches, I hope this ends you!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2017 at 9:23pm
My favorite teacher (one of them) gave me a hair comb she said she got as a gift or something at a charity event. I like to think she chose to give it to me because she favors me, but I always have different little trinkets in my hair so that may be why also. She said she doesn't feel her hair is thick enough for it. I was like um I'm not sure this will work in my hair but I will do some research and make it work. I tried it but it was stabbing my locs and I was like oh no this ain't gon work.

I had some similar combs that I bought when I was transitioning. I thought I'd be able to style my afro with the combs but my hair laughed at them. I pulled them out today and experimented with them. I broke off every other tooth from one and tried carefully with that one and it worked. I will do that with the one she gave me also. But it's made of a sort of thick metal so that will be a challenge and I don't want to mess the comb up. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2017 at 8:34pm
I want to buy a hair product today for some reason. Lord knows I have no business doing so. I have no use for the stuff I have already.  My usual products are working perfectly for me. If I had to choose one product besides shampoo and water to use for the rest of my loc'd life, Hello Hydration conditioner would be it and it wouldn't be a difficult choice at all. 

I recently discovered that S Curl No Drip does nothing for my loc'd hair. It makes it feel dry and dirty at the same time. 
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2017 at 10:14am
I need to braid my hair put on this​ wig and quit playing.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2017 at 4:00pm
Her locs are finally coming along. I never thought they would turn out this well. It just goes to show that you have to be patient and let them do their own thing.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2017 at 5:48pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2017 at 5:14pm
I can appreciate this. They need to up the production values, but I'd go for this over those bullshyt ass Carol's Daughter commercials. #not1dimebitch

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 336>
  Share Topic