Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

how good are you at talking to strangers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how good are you at talking to strangers?
    Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:02pm
I used to not be able to talk to people very much at all, especially people my own age because I couldn't relate to popular culture.  Over the years due to actually having friends and a job I've gotten more comfortable with it.  I actually am great at small talk now.  I only like talking about deep topics with people closer to me because I don't like to feel like people are judging me.

Getting "good" at talking is basically about keeping the ball rolling.  you can't just stay at that "hey how are you-I'm fine" level of things.  There has to be some further disclsure of details.  How personal and detailed depends on your relationship.  For a casual acquaintance you may do something like this:

Me: Hi Jane how are you?
Jane: I'm fine how are you?
Me:I'm great, I just got back from visiting my brother this morning. 
Jane: Oh that sounds nice, does he live in town?
Me: Yes he does.  he works at Smith's Warehouse.  Didn't you used to work there?
Jane: Yes I did! 

...so on and so forth.  Basically open ended questions/responses that keep the ball rolling are key to these social interactions and it can go on as far as you want/need for it to go.
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 11:06pm
im only 5'7. i wish i was 6'4
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:37pm
I can talk to anyone. Part of the profession. Thing is, I hate 'small talk.'Sooooo very boring. It can be quite tiring.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

alls well on this side joe. you?

@myxer 
ppl have always said im intimidating 
not sure why.maybe cause i wear
all blk almost everyday haha. :/

Ah LadyIce...are you tall? I've always wished I was tall. Like 6' tall. Ok. Maybe 5'11" but still, tall.
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Petty LaBelle Petty LaBelle wrote:

I hate small talk.
nervous? shy? just mean?

how are you doing btw
Petty LaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petty LaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:46pm
I hate small talk.
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 7:42pm

@myxer 
alls well as well
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 7:40pm

@myxer 
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 7:06pm

i dont talk to strangers.
ppl avoid me in the streets.
hows it  going?
Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

OP, you may just be introverted. Nothing wrong it with that.

I'm introverted myself (being around a lot of ppl drains me and I enjoy doing things solo) and dislike small talk (prefer a good one-on-one conversation) , however I know how to hold a conversation when I have to. I will carry conversations with strangers, but usually am not the one to initiate them. 

Advice: Don't over think things and don't try to plan conversations in advance. Learn to relax in social situations. Once you are relaxed, you may find that the ability to carry the flow of a conversation comes naturally. 

I  am introverted, but I also experience the negative mental feelings that come with failing to interact at the level I should be able to so its deeper then  being shy.

anyway  how  are  you doing?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>