Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Lets talk density

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
CammiCutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CammiCutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lets talk density
    Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 1:34am
good info!
Sponsored Links

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2014 at 1:43pm
Measuring your head size is fairly easy. First plait down your hair in the exact way that you're gonna wear it under your stocking cap/wig liner and then get you a soft measuring tape.

The normal measuring zones are the following:
Circumference - take the measuring tape and wrap it around your head, following the edges your hairline. Don't pull the tape tightly, make sure that it just fits but kinda snug. iirc, the avg measurement comes out to be like 22 - 22.5 inches.

Ear to ear over the forehead - take the measuring tape and follow your front hairline from the top tip of your ear (where your hairline starts) and place the tape moving along the top of your forehead until you get to the opposite ear, ending at where the hairline ends. iirc, avg measurement is like 12-13 inches.

Ear to ear over the top of the head - it's just like measuring over the forehead; starting from the hairline at one ear, bring the tape over the top of your head and end it on the opposite side. iirc, avg measurement is like 13 inches.

Temple to temple - this one can be a little more difficult as I have seen ppl do this in different ways. What I tend to do is to bring the tape from one temple and wrap it around the back of my head in a straight line until I get to the opposite temple. I've seen other ladies do it where they would start from one temple and then bring the tape around the back of the head but having the tape pass over the crown of her their head (so it appears diagonally) and then ending at the opposing side. I can't rightly guesstimate what the avg size for this measurement is.

Front to nape - this one's fairly self explanatory. Just measure the distance from where your hairline starts from the forehead all the way back to where it stops in the back of your head. I tend to not to pull the tape very tautly as to take into account when I'm in situations where I'd have to bend my head forward (so this takes into account for those of us that has that little roll in the back of our skulls where the head meets the neck). iirc, the avg measurement is 14 inches.

Nape - the easiest of them all. You might wanna get a mirror for this one since no one has eyes in the back of their head. Just simply run the tape along the back hairline. iirc, the avg measurement for this one is 5-6 inches.

Tips:
- I suggest when you are measuring that you do each measurement at least 3 times.
- If you are getting a full lace cap with no stretch, add a half inch to the following measurements (to accommodate actual hair/new growth):
  a. front to nape
  b. ear to ear over the top
  c. temple to temple
- Definitely check out youtube vids on how to measure your head. It was really handy when I needed   some visuals.

Edited by Kocoa - Apr 04 2014 at 1:50pm
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

No, not really.

Curly hair (kinky curly) dries out more so it can snap off easier and of course if you don't use products to ease your comb through the units or in general if you don't handle the units like fine lace .. you will loosen the knots and they will shed too much.

But each hair is hand ventilated so each and every knot is tied .... so eventually it will have to shed at least somewhat. (It's not growing back afterall! Hee hee!)

I'm planning on getting hollister medical adhesive to help with the possible shedding. I figure if I reseal around every 4 washes or so, I might be okay. I'm planning on doing a long term bond (with no tape + super tape) when I get this wig which means I should be removing it every 2/3 weeks.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 3:58am
No, not really.

Curly hair (kinky curly) dries out more so it can snap off easier and of course if you don't use products to ease your comb through the units or in general if you don't handle the units like fine lace .. you will loosen the knots and they will shed too much.

But each hair is hand ventilated so each and every knot is tied .... so eventually it will have to shed at least somewhat. (It's not growing back afterall! Hee hee!)
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

One more thing .. if the densities sheds too much ... and they all shed over time .. for about $50.00 you can ship it back to the CV for more hair.

I usually wait until I have 3 to send back (its about 35 euros for me) so with the 35 euro shipping .. the wholoe deal to et 3 wigs revintilated costs maybe 200 euros.

They look like brand new. That is a money saving option.

But I would be careful wearing 120% density with straight hair ...

does straight hair shed quicker than curlier?
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 6:03am
One more thing .. if the densities sheds too much ... and they all shed over time .. for about $50.00 you can ship it back to the CV for more hair.

I usually wait until I have 3 to send back (its about 35 euros for me) so with the 35 euro shipping .. the wholoe deal to et 3 wigs revintilated costs maybe 200 euros.

They look like brand new. That is a money saving option.

But I would be careful wearing 120% density with straight hair ...
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 7:26pm
Thanks for the answers ladies...
....and keep 'em up.

Sry I haven't been chatty lately but I'm having technical difficulties with my laptop so I'm forced to use DH's tablet (which I hate typing on).
I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:32pm
I've had too many hit or miss experiences with densities with different vendors so I always get 120% all over, I tweeze a little and and add more baby hair but not much, I like the thick full look and they last longer with more density.... I've had lesser units shed here & there and 3-4 months later you can see thinning spots developing. With my thicker units they last 6montgs to a year ( until the time when I'm bored with them and ready for something new...
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:54pm
Density are tricky, it really depend on the vendor. It depend on what you like as well,  the size of your head and the type of hair. I know I have a small head and I can't  even wear 100% density without it looking wiggy. I like the natural look and I always order kinky straight (which always appear fuller than regular straight texture ) so I always order a lower density. I wouldn't bother asking a specific density for all those different " density zones" , especially with a vendor you haven't work with before, keep it simple. No matter witch density you decide to go with 
you will have some tweezing to do. At the same time you don't want to have tweeze a 120% density to a 80% all over. It happened to me, I had to remove half of the hair out of the wig and believe me its not fun. 
Get some thinning shears as well but I wouldn't recommend using them on the top, only on the part that are hidden. 
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 8:06pm
if you get 120 which is usually standard for lace wigs you can tweeze out what you don't need ..it is better to have more hair than underestimate and have too little in a specific section unless you can ventilate
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic