BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

how often do you pray?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how often do you pray?
    Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 2:07pm
Yes. Several times a day . Thank you lord for my blessings .
Sponsored Links

rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

So...where can I find more videos like that? LOL

That same channel has a lot of good ones Jas.

Here's another dope one:

"Realize that there's nobody that is doing anything you can't do...and other people want to help!"

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 12:04pm
So...where can I find more videos like that? LOL
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

I liked the video.

I instantly felt convicted about procrastinating.

Awesome! And good to hear. It's pretty in your face, but I like that sort of thing.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:51pm
I liked the video.

I instantly felt convicted about procrastinating.

demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:17pm
Pretty much daily
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

stopped during high school when i finally realized i was talking to myself Dead

lol, right.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

Originally posted by Random 
Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

words

response

So why did God sanction slavery where slaves could be passed down forever because they were property?

That's like reading about how God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and killed all those people without reading the chapters before that explain how horrible the sodomites were, to the point that they were trying to rape even the angels.

So how was Lot righteous when he offered up his daughters to be gangraped? It's better to rape women than to rape angels?

i dont particularly want to get into a religious debate, because that rarely ends well. but as far as slavery in the bible- the slavery that Israelites engaged in was different from the more tryannical slavery that others did.

That's the apologetic view but it's not biblically supported. The slavery in the bible that was sanctioned by God was no better than any other form of slavery. Yes there was indentured servitude, but there was ALSO slavery where the slaves could be bought from other nations where the slaves could be passed down the generations forever.

Leviticus 25:44-46New International Version (NIV)

44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

And there is also sanctioned sex slavery, where God commanded men to kill all men, women, and young boys, but keep the virgins for yourselves. So a young girl would watch her entire family and community be slaughtered and then be forced into a sexual relationship with her captors. All sanctioned by the God of the bible.

God did not agree with humans mistreating each other.

Not Biblically supported. God told humans to mistreat other humans all of the time, from killing disobedient children, to killing gays, to forcing rape victims to marry their rapist, to killing children still nursing from their mothers breast...the list goes on and on. Or maybe we have a different definition of mistreatment.

So much so that he set up laws that the israelites must follow if they were to  have a slave. These laws were designed to protect the slave from being harshly mistreated.

Why didn't God abolish slavery? He could have 600+ commandments for the Israelites to follow, including telling them that eating shellfish is an abomination, but couldn't be bothered to tell them not to own other humans as property?

these laws made the slaves be looked upon as a person that possessed certain undeniable rights. If you read the Exodus chapter 21 it chock full of laws that protect slaves.

Yeah, laws like a slave master is allowed to beat his slave, as long as the slave doesn't die in a day or two afterwards. So if he beats his slave within an inch of his life, but the slave survives, the slave master is within his rights. Sounds like a good set of laws that protects slaves.

20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.

21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

They were given the option to leave after 6 years, but stay if they wanted to.

Tell the entire story. They were given the option to leave after a certain period but if the slave masters gave him a wife, then the wife and children had to STAY with the slave master forever because they were still property. If the slave wanted to stay with his wife and children THEN he gave up his rights to leave and would be forced to be a slave forever.

4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him forever.

If they were physically injured by the master then they had to be set free

Only certain injuries. You could physically beat your slaves as long as they didn't die in a day or two.

if the slaves are married then they both have to be set free at the appointed time

Only if he was married when he became a slave.

Clearly this is vastly different from slavery other places engaged in. Like the african slave trade, they were treated as less than human, the master could tear apart husband and wife, rape the women any time, give no breaks, injure them all they wanted too, and the the slaves were there for life with no hope of being set free.

No it's not any different. There were sanctioned physical beatings as well as ways to keep slaves FOREVER, passed down as inheritances. And that indentured servitude you are talking about, that deals with men. Women slaves were treated even worse.

Exodus 21:7English Standard Version (ESV)

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do

The question remains, why did an all-loving God sanction owning other humans as property and inheritances?

as for lot offering his daughters-According to the Oriental code, it was a host’s responsibility to protect the guests in his home, defending them even to the point of death if necessary. Lot was prepared to do that. He bravely went out to the mob, closed the door behind him, and faced them alone. By the time he offered his daughters, Lot likely realized that his guests were messengers from God, and he may have reasoned that God could protect his daughters as He had protected his aunt Sarah in Egypt. And as the matter turned out, Lot and his daughters were kept safe.

You still didn't explain how Lot was righteous for offering up his daughters to be gangraped. The men wanted to rape the angels and they were punished for being unrighteous. Lot offers his daughters to be raped and he is saved for being righteous.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jul 13 2014 at 10:12pm
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I don't pray anymore. I used to open the bible randomly and read a passage but then several months occurred when I would consistently fall on the harshest stories/judgments in the Bible (usually the Old Testament). And this was at a time when I was looking for guidance. Instead of feeling peaceful or enlightened, I'd end up feeling even worse. So I stopped. My aunt says it's the Devil's tactic to try and weaken believers. If that's the case, it's working.

how about not doing it so randomly? Not every passage in the bible will automatically mean something good. Many passages as we all know are about god passing judgement on unfaithful ones. Without knowing the context of the chapter and just reading a random passage, you might feel worse. What i do is start at genesis and read a few verses a day. that way im following the story and i know why God passed that harsh judgement, instead of just reading the harsh judgement.

So why did God sanction slavery where slaves could be passed down forever because they were property?

That's like reading about how God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and killed all those people without reading the chapters before that explain how horrible the sodomites were, to the point that they were trying to rape even the angels.

So how was Lot righteous when he offered up his daughters to be gangraped? It's better to rape women than to rape angels?

i dont particularly want to get into a religious debate, because that rarely ends well. but as far as slavery in the bible- the slavery that Israelites engaged in was different from the more tryannical slavery that others did. God did not agree with humans mistreating each other. So much so that he set up laws that the israelites must follow if they were to  have a slave. These laws were designed to protect the slave from being harshly mistreated. these laws made the slaves be looked upon as a person that possessed certain undeniable rights. If you read the Exodus chapter 21 it chock full of laws that protect slaves. They were given the option to leave after 6 years, but stay if they wanted to. If they were physically injured by the master then they had to be set free, if the slaves are married then they both have to be set free at the appointed time and the slave master cannot touch the wife in anyway, if the master even knocks out the slaves tooth the slave must be let free (exodus 21:27), they had rest days which was about 1 day a week (exodus 23:12). you couldnt just sleep with any slave you wanted to, you first had to marry her and once you married her in front of god then she was no longer a slave and had to be treated equally as any other wife in Israel. and there were many more laws to protect them. Clearly this is vastly different from slavery other places engaged in. Like the african slave trade, they were treated as less than human, the master could tear apart husband and wife, rape the women any time, give no breaks, injure them all they wanted too, and the the slaves were there for life with no hope of being set free.

as for lot offering his daughters-According to the Oriental code, it was a host’s responsibility to protect the guests in his home, defending them even to the point of death if necessary. Lot was prepared to do that. He bravely went out to the mob, closed the door behind him, and faced them alone. By the time he offered his daughters, Lot likely realized that his guests were messengers from God, and he may have reasoned that God could protect his daughters as He had protected his aunt Sarah in Egypt. And as the matter turned out, Lot and his daughters were kept safe.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:40pm

I don't pray anymore. I used to open the bible randomly and read a passage but then several months occurred when I would consistently fall on the harshest stories/judgments in the Bible (usually the Old Testament). And this was at a time when I was looking for guidance.

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

jp sounds like you were supposed to learn a lesson from all of that...i guess.Smile *shrug*[/COLOR]

Such as? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I think you should have tried to understand the meaning of that passage, and then see how that fits in your life. For example, a lot of people think God abandoned the israelites because it took them 40 years to do something that should have taken them 11 days. But that was not God's fault, that was because all they did was to complain.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>