Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Did You Meet Your SO?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Did You Meet Your SO?
    Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:11pm
quite a few success stories here for office romances. I'm going to bump this thread next  time we have one of those 'don't sh- where you eat threads LOL. 

I'm all for office romances, as long as folks are available ;-)

eta: and it's not against   fraternization policies .
Sponsored Links

yellalady08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellalady08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 5:56pm
Been together almost 10 years. Still work for the same company.
yellalady08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellalady08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 5:55pm
We met at work. I saw him on the side of the road one night changing his tire. It was early am, like 1 or 2 in the morning (we had just got off work). I pulled over to make sure he was ok because I would want the same favor from others I knew. Come to find out, he lived around the corner from me.

From then on, we would flirt back and forth at work and secretly text all night. We kept it secret for about 5 months. One evening wewere coming back to Atlanta from a trip to Alabama. He went to meet my folks. Low and behold, a coworker spotted us on the interstate while we were driving. Quickly called my cell and busted us. Lol
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:00pm
We went to the same University..... we had the same group of friends that were always doing something...But when he went with them, I was busy and vice versa...so we didn't know each other existed.

Before summer school and my Internships, we all finally played 4 squareLOL and basketball. He was extremely shocked that I could actually play basketball...

After my internship, I went back for summer school, ran into him and another friend at walmart, and he was staring at my ass hard lolLOL......I actually felt bad for him because he couldn't cook, so I would cook and purposefully make extra to invite him over....The man was finnnnnne..and he started to come over all the time..

The following month, We went to the club for my 21st birthday and he started to compete for my attention with another friend that liked me. When we left the club that night we changed clothes and went to the courts to shoot around.... We played ball until the sun came up...

We reminisce sometimes and he told me he knew he wanted to marry me the moment we got closer. 

Edited by HunnyB - Feb 17 2014 at 10:02pm
FarrahTheLibra View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote FarrahTheLibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:56pm
Rewind a few years back...

He was a "troubled youth" LOL that my uncle's best friend ran into. My uncle has a business in the community where he often mentors young guys and teaches them a trade. So he brought him in and he was pretty quiet and kind of mean LOL but there was just something about him and he quickly became like part of the family. I thought he was so fine, as did every other heffa, only thing was I was pretty young and he was like five years older than me. And plus my uncle made it clear his girls were off limits. Yet, I started coming around the shop more often after school and I realized how intelligent he was and he made me laugh Embarrassed. So I was crushing hard only to find out he was dating this really pretty upperclassmen at my schoolCry so I never thought I had a chance with him. 

However, they ran into some DRAMA and in the mean time I got a boyfriend. So we really stopped talking as much. Until, my ex-boyfriend kicked me out on a cold ass winter day Angry. I called my uncle to come get me and he sent him instead. He was sooooo sweet and took me to red lobster and we just talked and told each other how we felt about each other and I swear I fell in love that nightLOLLOLLOL

Heart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:48pm
Heart
I like to hear about 2nd time around reunions.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:36pm
Purp I was the same way but I'm so glad he gave me a 2nd chanceEmbarrassed.  Guys did call me mean but I didn't give any fcks.  You blew it, don't even try it.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:22pm
eta: it's not out of  meaness that I won't do 2nd chances, I've just never been able to get a loving feeling back for someone after it was over. I've never felt anything for an ex like that. I don't have to be mad at the person or hate them, just once the thrill is gone for me, it has never returned.

Things may be different though if something happened w/ hub,  but I guess he won't chance it, which is good lol.

eta: sometime it was plain meaness though.Big smile

Edited by PurplePhase - Feb 17 2014 at 1:23pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:19pm
hub said early on that he's never letting me get away because he knows I don't do 2nd chances. He observed some things quickly about me LOL.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

Originally met him way back in 1994 at a convenience store. Dated for a few months (although he swears it was like a year...it wasn't!).

Fast forward to late 2007 it was a reconnection through Myspace. Got married in 2008 and can't get rid or this clipping toe nails over the bathroom sink niccah! Love him though Heart!

Girl.  Once you reconnect with your soul mate you can't get rid of his assLOL  Hubby said he was not about to let me get away ever againHeart
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>