Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SUDDEN SEVERE LATEX ALLERGIC REACTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
nikki1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUDDEN SEVERE LATEX ALLERGIC REACTION
    Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 11:32am
wow i had no idea drs could prescribe wigs???  im on medicare of course so will look into.. for right now ive gone ahead and am using tnhe vapon tape, seems to b ok but w being on steroids not sure if allergy woukd show yet
Sponsored Links

Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 11:53pm
I would also check to see if your insurance will pay for, or your Doctor will prescribe you a wig.
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 11:52pm
http://morninggloryproducts.net/

Try this product. Or go to Hair Direct and purchase a tube of skin protector, You may be right and you might have developed an allergy to latex (over time).

I would also look at what your using to cleanse your hair, clothes, and bedding, It might be an over reactive case of contact dermatitis. Just a suggestion. I hope you find a solution.
nikki1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 11:12pm
well, ive used synthetics before and had serious itching so idk if ima try again..for now i did go out n buy the vapon tape...bookmarked ozone for when my eyes have recovered.  im sure there are posts already on here abt this but any info/opinions/advice re tape and non latex long wearing adhesives would be greatly appreciated as would advice on sew ins..how long does my hair have to be to get this done? locally i have a sallys..which is where i got the tape and the tracks, also an e & r where i got the glue, 30 sec pro something and also proclaim weave bond in white.  e & r does have wigs and i will look into their pricing in a day or 2 when they open again.  thank you all for your patience listening to me..dr put me back on steroids oh yay oh yay...miserable...
MsLowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 7:53pm
Because of you disability there may be a way for you to get some type of assistance/donation/discount for your hair. I worked for a company that gave free haircuts to children with AIDS once a year. Integration system is what I was recommending before.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 7:31pm
Is there a local beauty supply near you? if so you can purchase a temporary synthetic unit until you can save up for the wig that you would like. Check youtube and search Ozone Lacewigs.

Hope that helps
nikki1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 12:30pm
and on this forum i just found all these posts abt using medical adhesives to glue wigs down and i think oh that sounds safe so i read on well i cant get that stuff here with9ut a scrip...i am even more confused now than when i started researching. i guess im just gonna rip all this stuff off my head, shave whatever hair i have left and stick my head in the frikkin oven coz i will not be seen without my hair and im already sick to my stomach dreading all the expense with the wig idea. ive called and called local stylists and nobody seems to know anything...just get told to go to the dr..well duh! ive ALREADY called but u cant just walk in and demand to be seen right now..so i wait for a callback w an appt. thank you all for trying to help..
nikki1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 12:22pm
but for now..like today,i cant just run out and buy a whole new system...super tight disability budget here...so can i use the tape on each of the tracks?  is there latex in the tape?  i can get vapon tape at local bss, how long will it hold? can i brush my hair? do i need a barrier?  please, my eyes hurt from staring at screen so long and only finding conflicitg info
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 12:06pm
You can use tape to secure the hairline, or the glueless option like the other poster suggested. 
MsLowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 11:47am
I think it's time to move on to wigs or blending systems.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>