Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

temp agencies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
TeeCee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temp agencies
    Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:28pm
Hi.  I first worked for a Temp agency back in the mid-80's.  Back then, It was simple:  You call up an agency, ask if you can sign up with them, they tell you when to come in, you sign with them, take skills assessment tests.  They call you regarding an assignment and you go to that assignment and start working.  NOW, things are VERY different.  Most agencies have websites.  So you need to fill out the application online.  IF the agency is interested, they will call you to come in and take skills assessment tests.  If you do well on those, you wait for the agency to contact you.  If the agency contacts you about an assignment, you now actually have to INTERVIEW  for the assignment--along with other candidates.
Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:02pm
I worked for temp agencies for almost 10 years, but the way they are now is not how they were before 9/11.  After 9/11 things changed, in a bad way.

Those recruiters are anxious as fuk to get you in, but that's because they get paid for every new applicant/application.  They couldn't really care less if you get placed or not, and in order to really be called by them you need to be 1 of 2 things:

1)  Ridiculously skilled--like, typing speed over 85, and high knowledge of Word/Excel/QuickBooks, have a degree or two, and if you are good looking/highly-presentable, that helps.

2) Okay with taking $8.00 ph jobs that should really be paying about $15.00 ph.  They will undercut the HELL out of you.

Let them know you're open to direct hire, so you have a chance of getting paid at least somewhat near what you are looking for, and make sure to ask ALL DETAILS ABOUT THE JOBS YOU'RE TAKING.  Those temp jobs will hire you for a) and b) and you'll be doing a) - w), with no pay increase.

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:07pm
If they ask you money upfront for any reason, walk, run, or twerk your way out the door.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Girl101 Girl101 wrote:

My boyfriend he used one and got a job pretty quickly. 

This. My fiancé got a gov. contract through a temp agency. But beware, you will not make as much money through a temp contract than you could if you landed the job on your own.
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 1:52pm
You must have confidence in yourself. I walked off a assignment with a temp service. Called them on my way home letting them know and they put me on another assignment a few days later. Monster is over saturated. Try calling your local temp agencies to see if they have anything. Don't be discouraged.
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:49am
Temp to perm is a great way to get your foot in the door. Regarding walking off of your last job (1) Sometimes that happens but try not to do it again (2) Isnt there anyone at your last job who will give you a reference?
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 12:28am
I worked for different temp agencies while I was in school.

Call first and ask them how you would go about getting on with their agency. 9 times outta 10, someone will give you a direct e-mail to send your resume to. That usually gets the ball rolling fast because someone is expecting it.

If they like what they see, they'll normally ask you to come in and do testing.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 11:51pm
Walk into the temp office looking great and ask about the services. You can take a temp agency seriously when they ask you to come in to do the tests. If you say you have certain computer skills or programs the good agencies will test you. Sign with multiple agencies to increase your chances .
Girl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:25pm
My boyfriend he used one and got a job pretty quickly. 
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:24pm
Fill out the application online then go to the office. Temp agencies are generally pretty responsive to walk-ins.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>