Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need a tried and true simple skin regimen....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

I need a tried and true simple skin regimen....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need a tried and true simple skin regimen....
    Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Bonjour baby ooowee Bonjour baby ooowee wrote:

wOw i never really thought about a skin regimen and i get lots of compliments on my skin, ive been doing the same thing now for 15+ years.

since i had my children it dawned on me to use babywash on my face i started out using babymagic by mennen then they changed the formula so ive been with johnsons baby moisture wash now enriched with lotion for smoother skin.

i also was my face in a upward motion NOT downward ( this trains your skin not to sag) if you use a downward motion everyday you're training your skin to droop Dead

2wice per week i use queen helene's mint julep masque & wallah Star

Is this true?
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:31am
yayyyyyyyyyyy

Rumbera came in!!

I need a toner... I think I'll rotate it with the peroxide..

What is that, that coco quoted?

IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

2. Toner-green tea, apple cider vinegar and witch hazel with some tea tree oil to keep it from going bad (i make it myself)

5. Face mask (weekly)-bentonite clay mixed with honey, turmeric, and either apple cider vinegar or water

i try to use green tea when i can too… its just a hassle.. but i think I'm gonna try to be more consistent with it. what differences have you seen? i know when i drank it daily (+ lots of water) my skin was beautiful.. but i wanna use it on the outside too. 

what differences do you notice with betonite clay? i was wondering if maybe my mix (i use turmeric too and whatever i feel) was stopping the properties of the clay or something.. do you still feel it sucking/pulsing? it doesnt do anything to my skin anymore imo  

I can't drink green tea consistently or else i will break out but since I use it in toner I think since it's diluted with witch hazel and acv its ok. Anyway, I think with the combo it helps keep my acne at bay and I don't break out as often. With the bentonite clay I don't feel it pulsing either since adding the turmeric. Maybe I'll just stick to the acv and the honey. I might just use the turmeric to make "golden milk" to drink at night
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:19am
I exfoliate with 1x a week
i'll wash my face witha glycolic facial wash if i feel my face is looking dull..

Prior to showring, I'll apply warm coconut oil all over my body including my face. Then use a scrub, my skin feels like butta

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

* Spray my face with either NaPca 

i have been doing this almost daily and i love it.. i have the one with aloe.. 

I've had it for a long time but never really noticed how radiant it makes my skin look.. 

now its a staple prior to makeup.. but also just daily if I'm running out somewhere.   

i may try one of those vitamin c's you use.. I'm too lazy to make my own.. the most ill do is add the crystals to a mask or to exfoliate 

Edited by coconess - Feb 03 2014 at 11:19am
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:15am
My simplified version, hmmm....

Drinking plenty of water and really try to stay away from coffee (which I love ) and caffeine.

Jucing on an empty stomach really makes my skin glow and healthy looking.

My basic routine at the moment without all the extras;

*Wash my face with Dead Sea Minerals Vitamin C facial wash, I picked this up at Ross and love it. I try to stock up on them when I can.
* Toner.. Papaya Toner and I have another green tea toner by MUA choice.
* Spray my face with either NaPca or H2O Oasis facial mist
* Apply HA serum (only at night)-- Optional but worth it if you can find a good serum.
* Vitamin C serum or Lumeme BB Vitamin C serum
*Moisturizer.
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:36am
wOw i never really thought about a skin regimen and i get lots of compliments on my skin, ive been doing the same thing now for 15+ years.

since i had my children it dawned on me to use babywash on my face i started out using babymagic by mennen then they changed the formula so ive been with johnsons baby moisture wash now enriched with lotion for smoother skin.

i also was my face in a upward motion NOT downward ( this trains your skin not to sag) if you use a downward motion everyday you're training your skin to droop Dead

2wice per week i use queen helene's mint julep masque & wallah Star
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:33am
Me too.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:27am
okay maybe thats what it is.. my skin is very dry.. and when i was younger i really really really dried it out.. and never moisturized.. I'm doing better now but i know I've lost lots of elasticity.. tis why i look old probably. 

i need to get consistent with collagen and hyaluronic acid 
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:25am
I know exactly what you're talking about.
The pore cannot open and close, BUT it can change size with age due to lack of elasticity in the skin, or manually by pulling and tugging hard like when you have lots of acne and become a compulsive picker.

Edited by Derri - Feb 03 2014 at 10:28am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>