Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Elementary school apologizes for humiliating act
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Elementary school apologizes for humiliating act

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elementary school apologizes for humiliating act
    Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 9:58am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

The school free lunch is one of 8 programs I named...and I didn't even mention being frugal and budgeting so that you can make sure your kid has a sandwich and an apple or some rice and beans.

So yes, they are lazy and irresponsible.

You said the parents are being lazy by not making use of the programs listed therefore, I don't get what them being frugal has to do with what you said. Also, just as with free lunch programs some parents may not qualify for those other programs as well. BUT, as I said, I'd rather my money go towards feeding a child in school than feeding some criminal which is why I think all students should get free lunch.

I feel the same way.
Some schools provide free breakfast, lunch, AND a snack. That basically guarantees kids are getting fed, even if they have knucklehead parents. I think we should move towards that model. We can subsidize it by feeding prisoners gruel.
Sponsored Links

leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 9:54am

The school free lunch is one of 8 programs I named...and I didn't even mention being frugal and budgeting so that you can make sure your kid has a sandwich and an apple or some rice and beans.

I don't think it's wise to use blanket statements like that. Especially for something as complex as poverty.
Thank goodness Boston provides free lunches to all students thanks to a government grant.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:15pm

You said the parents are being lazy by not making use of the programs listed therefore, I don't get what them being frugal has to do with what you said. Also, just as with free lunch programs some parents may not qualify for those other programs as well. BUT, as I said, I'd rather my money go towards feeding a child in school than feeding some criminal which is why I think all students should get free lunch.

Edited by niecy - Feb 01 2014 at 9:19pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:11pm

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

this is one of those things that i feel taxes should pay for.  Colorado better be offering free lunch to every student prek-12th grade with all of that marijuana money.  also, that prison food pic cocoa posted...prisoners should only eat twice per day.  they aren't even doing anything that requires them to expel enough energy to need 3 meals.  i usually run on 1 or 2 meals per day + a snack and i actually have things to do.  they'll live.

IA. We pay taxes for prisoners to eat in prison for free yet parents have to pay for their kids to eat in school which seems ass backwards IMO.

We also pay taxes to support the free lunch program, wic, snap, welfare, food banks and the child tax credit. And then there's charitable giving to churches and private organizations.

If a parent can't find a way to make sure their own child has food with every program that's there then they are irresponsible and lazy and their kid needs to be in the custody of someone else.

Not all students qualify for free lunch programs though atleast here in FL. Only some students qualify for it so I guess the parents are still lazy/irresponsible just because the school concludes their child doesn't qualify? I would rather my taxes go toward all students, and not just some, being fed while they are in school than some prisoner.

Edited by niecy - Feb 01 2014 at 9:09pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:03pm

this is one of those things that i feel taxes should pay for.  Colorado better be offering free lunch to every student prek-12th grade with all of that marijuana money.  also, that prison food pic cocoa posted...prisoners should only eat twice per day.  they aren't even doing anything that requires them to expel enough energy to need 3 meals.  i usually run on 1 or 2 meals per day + a snack and i actually have things to do.  they'll live.

IA. We pay taxes for prisoners to eat in prison for free yet parents have to pay for their kids to eat in school which seems ass backwards IMO.

We also pay taxes to support the free lunch program, wic, snap, welfare, food banks and the child tax credit. And then there's charitable giving to churches and private organizations.

If a parent can't find a way to make sure their own child has food with every program that's there then they are irresponsible and lazy and their kid needs to be in the custody of someone else.

Edited by maysay1 - Feb 01 2014 at 9:03pm
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

The parents did this to their kid. Why aren't they paying for their kids lunches? Why do all these kids have outstanding balances? 

Parents need to start parenting. 

So the kids should be punished because of what their parents didnt pay? Confused

If the parents don't think that paying for their kids to eat is important, why should the school? All these parents had to do was pay their balance instead of routinely sending their kid to school without lunch money every day. Where I grew up, if I didn't have $$ to eat at school, I simply couldn't eat. There were no credit lunches. Schools should go back to that. 

Confused Its one thing if they didnt give the students their lunch at all but per the article they gave the students their lunches before even checking to see if they had balances then took them away from them. They could've let them atleast keep the lunch they gave them for that day then sent notes home to the parents. 
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 8:54pm

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 8:46pm
But maysay, you think women have the right to abort,
But not send their kids to school with lunch or lunch money?

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 8:46pm
And these are very very very small bad decisions in the grand scheme of things.
Yall letting all that anger out in the wrong thread.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic