BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Matting AFTER detangling!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Matting AFTER detangling!
    Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 7:03pm
have you tried smaller sections? My son's 4c and i handle his hair in sections not much larger than maybe the diameter of a silver dollar. any bigger and it's asking for trouble. also, i start by finger detangling, and then i switch to either a med. tooth comb or i use a soft baby brush or a hard bristle brush to follow up very gently over the ends to further detangle, and then i twist each tiny section up before moving on, because otherwise, it will end up tangled again. here's an example:
his hair is easy to detangle with the right technique, but it just takes more time. 
Sponsored Links

Prelle64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prelle64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 7:37pm
Hi Majestye  just be sure you use a wide tooth comb, and wet your hair then apply the As I Am Coconut Co wash. Then I would use a plastic cap, I would wait at least 20 minutes or longer. For the detangle take it from the ends,and work your way up to the scalp. You should see a difference keep me posted.Smile   
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 6:55pm
oh i just remember.  Do a search on the oil rinsing method and maybe that will help.
majestye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majestye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 12:17am
Hi Prelle64... I will definitely try those items. I am a PJ too...seems I just can't find the right mix of products that works for me. It gets so bad, I just hate washing my hair because I fear all the hair in the sink or on the comb!
majestye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majestye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 12:14am
Thanks NARSAddict...I do detangle before I wash (if I don't whooo what a mess!), then I wash in 4 sections and I don't scrub I wet and run the shampoo down from scalp to ends, much like I would a weave. Interestingly enough, during the wash, it's ok. It's during the conditioner phase that it begins to get unruly, especially after I rinse the conditioner out. I don't deep condition often at all.

I'm beginning to think I need to deep condition and moisturize more often and either do an oil rinse and/or ACV for porosity.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 7:09pm
Do you detangle your hair before shampooing and do you shampoo your scalp in section?  Also do you only massage the shampoo into the scalp and not muss too much with your hair? Maybe you should pre-detangle your hair, section it, and shampoo your scalp by sections and then rinse your hair of the shampoo by letting the force of the water rinse away the shampoo from your scalp and let the suds travel down your hair.  Maybe that will help.  Also do you deep condition your hair often?  Maybe that will help.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 6:22pm
I use Aphogee 2 step system .
Prelle64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prelle64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 5:02pm
Hi 
 You can try As I Am Coconut CoWash works wonders on my hair. Also kinky curly knot today shampoo and conditioner. Take your pick. Cost wise use As I am first but if all else fails kinky curly products.
P.S. i'm a product junkie in rehab lol....Embarrassed

Edited by Prelle64 - Jan 24 2014 at 5:05pm
majestye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majestye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:25pm
Hi All,

This is my issue...I wash my hair, suffer through detangling one section (I normally do 4 sections) and pin it up.  Then I do the next section, then the next.  By the time I go back to the first section, it is hard and starts to matt again. Even just for me to braid it, it wraps around itself.  

I hate washing my hair because of this issue.  There is one section in the back, center of my head that tangles horribly at the roots.  I used to use Cantu Break Cure to help with detangling, but they stopped making it and I haven't found a good replacement.  I'd love to go fully natural, but it's not an option with this tangling issue!

I have 4a/b texlaxed hair, use Nupur henna to naturally color my hair (those grays that are popping up). I didn't used to have so much tangling and hard hair before hennaing and when I was fully relaxed.  I henna about 2-3 times a year, and texlax about 3-4 times a year.  I now use Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and Restorative Conditioner which helps a bit.   Thinking about this now, I'm sure the henna has something to do with it and I need the right mix of products.

What can I do, to detangle and leave my wet hair soft?  I appreciate any help you can give.  TIA!
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0" style="line-height: 1.4;">
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System