Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

what would you do (custom unit)

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Honey sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what would you do (custom unit)
    Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 2:39am
Send the hair back and move on.  Her quality has dropped alot. I doubt it will last two washes, before its starts shedding.  Send it back and ask for a refund.  You can file a dispute with pay pal too.< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display: none;">
Sponsored Links

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:53pm
Thanks guys.  The really sucky thing is, at this point I'll have to wait until after the Chinese holiday to send it back.  Lydia did respond to my comment about the color, she says it's a natural 1B, but ... the tag says nothing about natural!  I'm not sure until it's too late, you know?  It does seem to have some natural variation in color.. a dyed 1B would not - right?  I never order 1B so I don't know if you can truly tell just by eye.   I intended to perm a mild wave into the hair too, as well as lift it to a color 30, so it HAS to start out virgin.   I do know that once I color hairs there is no returning it.  Dead  If I were convinced it was virgin I'd probably send it back for hair to be added and swallow the shipping costs.  But I'm NOT sure it's virgin.  Guess I have two weeks to decide..

You know what, India, I am wearing some EP hair right NOW that I bought second hand from the board.. even second hand, it's good hair and the weft construction is great.. I have been considering them but the price tag.. man.  It really HAS to last years for their prices and .. I guess I'm afraid their hair no longer lives up to the hype.  Maybe it does, but I know I've seen many reviews saying it no longer does.. just like Qingdao hair!
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 12:18pm
I vote to send it back. It totally sux, but with the color especially - you don't want to try and end up regretting it.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:21am

hennared . Do you like EP ? Whitney houston, Patti labelle and many regular folk order beautiful custom wigs  . I use to have a contact for my weaves ,but the lady retired . I saw one of whitneys in person . Nothing like you see in the market .

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:06am
I think that the wig has 2 big negatives against it.  The density is not up to snuff and not what you expected, and, the color may be an issue.  You could take a few strands and do a strand test to see if the hair would lift, and if it does fine.  However, you would still be left with the density issue.

In the case that you're able to wait, I would return the wig and have the issue corrected.  Make doubly sure that the hair can be lifted before returning it!
Peacnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Peacnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 10:50am
Something's up with Lydia.  Her quality used to be great, and I thought that she had great communication and responsiveness.  But the last two custom wigs that I ordered from her were way off.  One was too small (even though I sent her a mold), plus the hair was thinner than it should've been; and the other had bone straight hair, even though I sent her a photo of the specific curl pattern that I wanted.  After some back and forth, I returned them both to her ($40+ shipping/insurance on my dime) and she did what she could to fix them (on her dime) so that they're wearable now.  But her failure to follow my original specs is troubling.

The decline in quality has me thinking that Lydia isn't Lydia anymore.  In other words, I suspect that her company has been acquired by another (perhaps bigger) company, and that their operations are sloppier.  Just my suspicion. 

I guess I need to find another good CV.  Unhappy
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 8:28am
I would send it back. Especially if the density and color is not right. You paid for specific things on it, and you should get what you requested.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 6:21am
OK I am not sure how to proceed, here...

I ordered a custom MVR from Lydia (you old timers know who I mean!).  I used her once before for a custom, 3 years ago, and it was pretty decent, decided to try her again.  Well, the wig was made lightening quick, and although she sent me a photo before shipping, the wig is WAY thin for the 150% density I ordered (to her credit, it is some of the most even ventilation I've seen very well distributed.  But the top front is quite thin for this bang wearing girl).   MORE disturbing though is the tag inside the bag.. it read 'color 1B'.  Now when I order virgin wigs frm other vendors, that tag will read 'natural color'.... so I'm kind of freaked its a dyed unit.  I can't no way no how wear no 1b hair with my complexion... Cry  and that would not be what i ordered.

I wrote her about the density, and though she insists it IS 150%, but she said she could ad hair after the holiday (but I'd have to ship it and pay for that).  But then I saw the tag.. I wrote her and asked about that 1b tag, but I expect her to insist it's fine.  But how do I *know* w/o ruining the wig by trying to dye it? 

It's a nice wig and I'm sure I could sell it, but I'd take a loss and I am SICK of that.  You know you pay upwards of $60 for density increased!   I thought with Paypal it was near impossible to claim a custom was not as described... I don't know what I want to do with it, now.    I mean, I could fix the front with a heavy density closure, but if it's  dyed 1B.. I've got a wig I cannot wear.  Damn.

Edited by hennared - Jan 23 2014 at 6:27am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style