BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

PLease advise me (hair color question)

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLease advise me (hair color question)
    Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 11:13pm
Color is tricky, and if you're natural dependig on your hair type color might not loosen your pattern. I say its tricky b/c color damage can build up over time and sneak up on you. If you want something to take.up up a level, I'd suggest trying a 15vol developer. It gently lifts color, but if you want that color POP you need those higher levels. Make sure you use shampoo, conditioner and leave-ins specifically formulated for color treated hair. You may also have to incorporate protein treatments, not the 2-3 minute variety either.
Sponsored Links

Straighthoodtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Straighthoodtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:09am
Thanks!
wanderlust87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderlust87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:04am
Since you requested professional advice I would suggest: shamboosie's book or his online info for coloring treatments.  

Incidentally, the book was published in 2002.   If I recall correctly, it didn't address non relaxed hair. While some reviewers disagree with bits of his advice , the coloring dos & don'ts & why are detailed.

While he doesn't endorse henna, he covers coloring services including developers/bleaching, what works & doesn't etc.

Just as a disclaimer, I read the book only, continue to henna my hair,  & haven't had my hair dyed in years.  But, I do think it's a good start for someone searching for how-tos. 

Edited by wanderlust87 - Jan 16 2014 at 11:05am
Straighthoodtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straighthoodtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 2:08am
I am 100% natural. I am however looking to lighten my hair color to a blonde so I can experiment with color rinses and have a bit of fun. I do not want to lose my curl pattern. I understand that it will loosen slightly because bleach will technically damage the hair. HOWEVER. I want to know if it's possible to lighten my hair slowly over time (I mean SLOWLY) by using a bleach and a 10 volume developer. I know 10 volume is normally used to deposit color. But can't it light my hair 1 level? Would if be possible to lift my hair 1 level like once a month or once every 6 weeks until I hit the color I'm looking for? That would give me some time to nurse my hair to health in between bleaches. 

Is this possible? Any professionals, can you help me figure this out?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic