Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Planning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding Planning
    Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 6:43pm
Congrats Uppity! I'm still not engaged so no advice from me...Cry
Sponsored Links

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:42pm
I planned mine. It was hard and stressful. Out parents contributed a lot. His Mom paid for the hall at the hotel, his dad bought half the drinks an they cooked. My mom cooked as well and made half the drinks, my husband and I gave a lot of money for food and everything else and paid for our own clothes and things. Both families contributed to some decor and his aunt provided all lines and tableware for free. It was a blessing really.

Edited by Lonisha87 - Jan 09 2014 at 5:47pm
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I am actually planning to hold the traditional wedding on a Friday evening and the white wedding on a Sunday. My friend's bf says it makes you look cheap but me and my bf have agreed that we're fine with that.

What part is cheap uppity the skipping the Saturday part?? Normally you do the engagement on Friday, have the wedding on Saturday and do the thanksgiving in church on Sunday. A typical 3 day affair. Mind you there are different outfits everyone has to wear on each day with a color scheme for those that are not familiar with Nigerian weddings.

Yeah, they are engaged (both Igbo), so I suggested they do one or both ceremonies on a day other than Sat since my friend has been stressed finding affordable halls in Dallas. She liked the idea, but he said it makes them look cheap. Different strokes I guess...

If you're in Dallas...try looking in outlying areas like Addison, Arlington or Plano. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:23am
Its a family affair....We all getting married. Everyone wants or will contribute something. The guest gifts are thebomb though when you go to Nigerian weddings. You'll go home with cups, plates, wall clocks, fans, buckets, beach towels, calendars, folding chairs lmaooooooooo everything has the couples pics on it and specifically STATES DONATED FROM SO and SO FAMILYLOL. They want you to know who made it and donated it to the bride and groom.
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:18am

He wants to marry me when he has enough money to do it. He hasn't proposed because he doesn't want to unless he has a significant amount of money to contribute towards the wedding.

Awwww, that's sweet. He's a keeper Uppity.. QB loves a money saving/ budget conscious man.
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:15am

I am actually planning to hold the traditional wedding on a Friday evening and the white wedding on a Sunday. My friend's bf says it makes you look cheap but me and my bf have agreed that we're fine with that.

What part is cheap uppity the skipping the Saturday part?? Normally you do the engagement on Friday, have the wedding on Saturday and do the thanksgiving in church on Sunday. A typical 3 day affair. Mind you there are different outfits everyone has to wear on each day with a color scheme for those that are not familiar with Nigerian weddings.

Yeah, they are engaged (both Igbo), so I suggested they do one or both ceremonies on a day other than Sat since my friend has been stressed finding affordable halls in Dallas. She liked the idea, but he said it makes them look cheap. Different strokes I guess...

Edited by uppitynegroid - Jan 08 2014 at 10:16am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:12am

Congrats Uppity....When I did mine we rented a huge hall and the church was upstairs from the hall. When you do a Nigeria wedding i'm sorry but no matter how you try and slim it down you really don't want to offend anyone either. We just sent invitations out to everyone. Some will show and some will not. All close friends and family contributed before the wedding. I didn't ask everyone just calls you up and asks you what do you want me to take care of. Then the aunties that bleached will ask you to list all the items that haven't been paid for so they can distribute it amongst the other relatives and rich uncles. Uppity don't stress everyone chips in one way or another. I was debt free after my wedding and walked home with trash bags of money from spraying. 

I'm gonna tell me my boo this. That seems to be the trend. I do remember my older cousins telling me that they have plans for my wedding and they ware willing to put down the cash to make it happen. He is kind of proud though, but he'll get over it. It is the culture.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:12am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:08am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

congrats!!!

he's not footing the whole bill?

Thanks, though I'm not officially engaged yet. No, him, his parents, and my parents will contribute, hence the we. I have only my exquisite taste of offer. I'm just a lowly student.

I'm confused by "not officially engaged yet" Is it like he already asked and you said yes but it's not official until he asks your parents for your hand in marriage and they give their blessings type of thing.

He wants to marry me when he has enough money to do it. He hasn't proposed because he doesn't want to unless he has a significant amount of money to contribute towards the wedding.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>