BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10 of the Richest Black Communities in America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 of the Richest Black Communities in America
    Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 8:57am
Originally posted by MsBella MsBella wrote:

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

so does anybody here live in any of the places in the op?

besides me

Yes..mitchellville. 
welcome to the clubCool
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 8:35pm
it makes perfect sense to me, if you think about a typical well paid professional's earning potential. age 18-25 you're in school, then you're 25 have a professional degree for the first few years you won't be in the six figure range to start with few exceptions. You start off maybe at 60-75 k. then over the course of your career you triple that if you're a success. so you're around $200+. Then you retire, and if you're smart your "income" should be back in the $30-50k range because you're drawing on retirement. 

It all balances out that a community of well paid professionals would have a median income in the 100s because out of 60 years of your adult life you were only earning 200k+ 20-30 years, or half your working life.

stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i dont understand how ppl come up with these 'richest counties' 
i googled and it said the richest county was in VA.. and the income was like 119k… 

are ppl in beverly hills, orange county, malibu, the hamptons, certain parts of manhattan, etc.. not counted amongst the regular ppl incomes? 
I live in one of USA "wealthy" counties but the median income is around 110k. I figure the reason is we have cities like Scarsedale, NY where the median income is well in to the 200k range with many millionaires and then you have cities like Port Chester, NY where median income is around 50k. When you balance everyone out the median goes down and the really wealthy become outliers. Also the issue with wealthy counties is prices and taxes are high making social mobility and home ownership hard which makes a big gap between the rich and poor, but that is another topic for another thread.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Jan 06 2014 at 8:21pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 5:55pm
Fort Washington's lawn seems to be struggling.....let us pray...
MsBella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

besides me

Yes..mitchellville. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Glad to see my old home on the list (Mitchellville), but this list was kind of biased. CA, MD, NY - really? That's all? So there's no wealthy black folks here in Atlanta (my previous area here was full of Howard grads and MD and NY transplants interestingly enough)?

the list was posted in an Atlanta newspaper...

TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:02pm
Ha, and it's funny because back when I was living in Mitchellville, we considered Kettering to be the nearby not-so-nice, slightly hood area.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 11:54am
Glad to see my old home on the list (Mitchellville), but this list was kind of biased. CA, MD, NY - really? That's all? So there's no wealthy black folks here in Atlanta (my previous area here was full of Howard grads and MD and NY transplants interestingly enough)?
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:50am

besides me

Edited by Senior Detective - Jan 05 2014 at 10:51am
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

lol did you search pg county maryland or just pg?

Just PG Embarrassed
I didn't know it was in Maryland until after my search though.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
My bad. My terribly embarrassing bad, lol. (edited to fix gif)

Edited by iluvmihair - Jan 05 2014 at 8:50am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>