Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 398>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
    Posted: Yesterday at 7:53am

Workout Details

Ahh, finally day number five. You are most likely sore and tired from the last 4 days but once this workout is complete the torture will be over and you can enjoy the next day or two of rest, knowing that you have accomplished a lot in a short period of time. 

Day 5 still stands in your way of that well deserved rest, so don't relax yet. Start getting yourself pumped up to tackle this workout because we are not letting you coast on the last day. This HIIT and Leg Strength workout will be tough so give it 100% and finish out the 5 Day Challenge like a beast. Remember that clean form is always more important than the amount of weight you lift or even your intensity, so if you start to feel your form suffer drop your weight for those strength exercises and/or lower your intensity for those HIIT exercises.

What are you waiting for, go get this last workout done!

Workout Structure:
Length: 27 Minutes
Strategy: Cardio and lower body strength 
Equipment: Optional dumbbells
Calories Burned: 122 - 291

About this routine: After completing the warm up we move directly into the main workout which is a combination of a HIIT exercise and a traditional strength exercise for the lower body. We start by doing four rounds of 20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest for the HIIT exercise followed by one set of 8 repetitions for the strength exercise. Go through the first two groups then give yourself a short water break, then finish up the last 3 groups. Once done with the last group move directly to a stretch cooldown to complete this routine.

Printable Workout:

Workout Structure: HIIT is 20 on, 10 off x4; Strength is 8 Reps for each strength exercise
Warm Up: 30 Seconds for each exercise with no rest in between     

HIIT: Burpee
     Strength: Sumo Squat

HIIT: Jumping Lunges
     Strength: Calf Raise Squats

Water Break

HIIT: Squat Lunges
     Strength: Reverse Lunge Knee Up

HIIT: Curtsy Lunge Jumps
     Strength: Deadlift (toes out)

HIIT: Plank In and Outs
     Strength: Deadlift (toes in)

Cooldown/Stretch: Roughly 30 seconds per exercise with no break in between

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Day-5-Free-5-Day-Workout-Challenge-for-Busy-People-HIIT-Cardio-and-Lower-Body-Strength/km/

Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:18am
s&f-- that's why you should focus on how you're lifting rather than piling on the weights for no reason

...perfect form and technique>>>>how heavy you lift
anyways, other people are starting to notice how toned I'm looking....I'm normally blind to my own progress so that's good lol

I can feel that my waist is def shrinking...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2014 at 1:23pm
day 4

Workout Details

You have officially reached Day 4 of the 5 Day Challenge for Busy People! Your Day 4 workout is a strength and yoga blend that engages all of your muscles, with a special emphasis on the upper body. We go slightly easier on you today because we're winding up for a strong finish tomorrow - make sure that you don't do anything else more strenuous today (i.e. extra HIIT or strength training) so that you're able to push yourself hard tomorrow.

About this Workout:
After a simple cardio warm up, we move directly into the more traditional strength training for the upper body, followed by a fun yoga workout for strength - If you've been sitting still for a long period of time (i.e. watching tv or working at the computer for hours) before starting this workout, you may want to do a few extra minutes of a warm up. For the upper body superset strength training exercises, and for the yoga strength workout, we use timed intervals of 40 second on, and 10 seconds rest. If at any point your muscles start to burnout or your form starts to suffer, lower the amount of weight you're lifting, drop the weights all together, or stop and take a quick break before you jump back in. A relaxing cool down and stretch is included at the end.

Lift as heavily as you can with proper form; lift like you mean it for best results!

Workout Structure:

•     Length: 30 Minutes
  •     Strategy: Fat burning, endurance boosting HIIT and abs
  •     Difficulty Level: Low impact beginner AND advanced modifications shown all throughout
  •     Calories Burned: 115 - 216
  •     Equipment: Optional dumbbells (you can always improvise with any other kind of weight, or even use no weight at all, instead using antagonistic movements by focusing on working against yourself)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2014 at 7:03pm
day 3

Workout Details

Welcome to Day 3 of the 5 Day Challenge for Busy People! Today we're doing a brutal but fun blend of fat burning HIIT cardio and abs and core exercises (moves that target the abs, obliques and lower back). This is going to turn into a total sweatfest, and you're going to get in an awesome workout in under 30 minutes.

About This Workout:
We start off with a light cardio warm up; do not skip this part if you want to safely push yourself today and get the most benefit out of your workout. If you've been sedentary for a long period of time (i.e. watching tv or working at the computer for hours) before starting this workout, you may want to do a few extra minutes of a warm up. Once we're warmed up, we move into the core and cardio workout. We do the exercises in an AABB format; two rounds of a HIIT exercise (20 seconds on, 10 second off x 2) followed two intervals of a core exercise - repeat that sequence twice. A relaxing cool down and stretch is included at the end.

What if I'm still sore from the other 2 workouts?
By day three, if you've been pushing yourself hard, you just must be sore allover! If you are, don't worry, you don't necessarily have to take Day 3 off; we provide low impact and intermediate modifications all throughout this video, so you can always switch to the easier version shown in order to avoiding having to take a complete rest day. The second or third time you make your way through this challenge, you may find that you are able to do the harder version of the exercises shown, all the way through the challenge (at least more and more of the advanced version).

Workout Structure:
    Length: 27 Minutes
    Strategy: Fat burning, endurance boosting HIIT and abs
    Difficulty Level: Low impact beginner AND advanced modifications shown all throughout
    Equipment: None
    Calories Burned: 110 - 235

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

is this true?

Skip: Straight-Leg Deadlifts Do: Romanian Deadlifts

By locking your knees while performing straight-leg deadlifts, your lower back is forced to round (instead of hinging at your hips) and do all of the work to move the weight, which increases your risk for injury, says Nick Tumminello, certified strength coach and owner of Performance University. "It also makes the exercise less effective because it decreases the training stimulus on your glutes and hamstrings."

Maintaining a slight bend in your knees and hinging forward at your hips (without rounding your lower back) like you do to perform Romanian deadlifts, or RDLs, keeps the lower back in a much stronger and safer position and works the glutes and hamstrings—the muscles you want to be training, Tumminello says.

To do a Romanian deadlift (pictured), stand holding a weighted bar or dumbbells with knees slightly bent. Keeping abs engaged and back naturally arched, hinge forward at the hips, reaching weight toward the floor. Without rounding spine, return to start.

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/15-exercises-trainers-would-never-do/slide/5

Regardless of which type of deadlift, I think one should consult a personal trainer for that. There are many people who don't even notice they may cause injury to their back by sitting improperly in a machine, or by using their back to lift.

My sister used to lift heavy when doing squats, and the personal trainer at her gym would tell her it was too heavy, and kinda point out what she was doing wrong, but when some people are lifting weights on their own, they end up using their back to lift and don't notice because they see some results - my sister got a 41" bubble butt by lifting heavy - so they think they are doing it right, especially because it doesn't hurt now.

Well, almost 2 decades later and she was spending 23 hours a day in bed due to herniated disks and sciatica, to the point where she couldn't feel one of her foot.

Surgery U$64,000
Personal trainer $50+ an hour.

BHM, you be the judge.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Oct 22 2014 at 1:05pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2014 at 12:35pm
My Y has a pool that I never used, and I just recently grabbed the schedule. I want to get a one-piece bathing suit and swim early in the morning once or twice a week.
I used to love to go to swimming classes back in the day because I would come out of the pool with thick and toned thighs.

Is anyone doing any sports activities in order to tone or get a better body, such as swimming,soccer, basketball, etc?

Edited by sexyandfamous - Oct 22 2014 at 12:36pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2014 at 11:15pm
day 2

Workout Details

After yesterdays workout you are most likely feeling those legs and are probably a bit leary about starting into todays workout but don’t worry, we only target the legs a little bit in todays routine. If you are especially sore and stiff then you may want to take the time to do an extra long warm up to give those muscles time to loosen up.  If you are are sore but only slightly then the quick warm up we have included should be sufficient to get you ready for what we have in store for you today.

We will be focusing on the upper body today but will still be incorporating some total body moves for some extra cardiovascular work.  Be sure to hydrate yourself before you start especially if you are doing this workout shortly after waking up as being dehydrated has a negative effect on your overall performance and ability to burn calories at your highest rate possible.

Workout Structure:
Length: 28 Minutes
Strategy: Cardio and upper body strength for arms, shoulders, chest, and upper back
Equipment: Optional dumbbells (we use these)
Calories Burned: 129 - 290

About this routine: Once done with the quick cardio warm up, we move directly into the first group of upper body strength and cardio exercises. We do each group twice in an ABC, ABC format, with an interval of 30 seconds of work per exercise with 15 seconds of rest to get ready and set up for the next exercise. Once all four groups are completed we go through a freeform stretch/cool down to finish up.

Printable Workout:
(Cardio Warm Up)

Strength:
- Tricep Dips
- Bicep Curls
Cardio:
- Shoulder Slap Push Up

Strength:
- Chest Fly
- Reverse Fly
Cardio:
- Plank Hop Row

Strength:
- Ventral Raise, Lateral Raise
- Dumbbell Pullovers
Cardio:
- Fly Jack

Strength:
- Pike Push Up
- Arm Circles (½ palms up and ½ palms down)
Cardio:
- Switch Foot Mt. Climber

Longhairwanted8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Longhairwanted8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2014 at 3:54pm
I really fell off the last six months!!. Now I have to start all over. I even gained the weight back I lost 2 years ago. Smh. But I am back now. Just have to start motivated. I'm an emotional eater.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2014 at 11:48am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2014 at 8:42pm
fitness blender is doing another challenge this week...this time it's made for busy people so the workouts are shorter

im hoping to do them later on this week

here's the day 1 for people interested

Workout Details

After we put up our last 5 day challenge “Fitness Blender's 5 Day Workout Challenge to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle” we got a lot of requests for not only more of them but also one that was geared for those with not a lot of time on their hands. We listened to your requests and have put together our newest challenge, “Fitness Blender’s 5 Day Workout Challenge for Busy People”.  In this workout challenge we have paired down the workouts to make them maximally effective while keeping to a 30 minute or less time limit.  Like in our last challenge both of us will be in each video and we will be showing intermediate to advanced modifications so very few people will not be able to find a version of this challenge that works for them.

To do this workout it is highly recommended that you have a set of dumbbells to choose from however, if you don’t have access to any equipment don’t worry, you can easily modify the exercises to use some other weighted object. In fact, you can even just use no equipment at all and still get in a great workout.

Workout Structure:

About this routine: This is a fat blasting workout that works incredibly well to tone  After a quick cardio warm up, we move right into a HIIT cardio and strength training routine for the lower body. The HIIT portion uses intervals of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, four times through. As soon as we wrap up that intense cardio interval, we move directly into one round of a strength training exercise for the butt and thighs (of varying reps). To get the most out of each short strength exercise, it’s very important to lift as heavily as you can while still maintaining clean form.

Printable Workout

(Cardio Warm Up)

1. HIIT: Kick Up + Lunge
  2. Strength: 8 Deadlifts - Kelli is lifting 48 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 30 lbs total

1. HIIT: Jump Squats
  2. Strength: 8 Clean & Press (alternating, on each side) - Kelli is lifting 15 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 10 lbs total

1. HIIT: Ski to Sumo Squat
  2. Strength: 25(ish) Kettlebell Swings (yeah we lost count!) - Kelli is lifting 21 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 10 lbs total

1. HIIT: Plank Jacks
  2. Strength: 8 Bridges - Kelli is lifting 30 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 0 lbs total

1. HIIT: 2 Knee Switchfoot
  2. Strength: 8 Double Dip Squats - Kelli is lifting 18 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 0 lbs total
  3. http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Day-1-Fitness-Blender-s-Free-5-Day-Workout-Challenge-for-Busy-People/kf/

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 398>
  Share Topic