BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Letting your child travel w/o you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letting your child travel w/o you
    Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 7:55am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

im not a parent so i can't really comment… 
but i feel like a grandparent should be trusted. no matter if its your mom or his mom… 

yes, you know and trust your mother better.. but has his mom ever proved herself to be irresponsible as far as your child…? 

leave your and her personal issues at the door.. this is about your childs relationship with her paternal grandma… not about your and her relationship. 

if she has proven that she's irresponsible or if you feel like she wouldn't take care of your child well.. then i understand.. don't let them go.. 

i personally would really really feel a way if i couldn't take my own grandkid somewhere.. unless i had proof/reasons of why i shouldn't be trusted with my own grandkid…? fck outta here.. i would pitch a hissy fit and you would feel my wrath… 
ijs. 

she JUST turned 2

Edited by Bribby - Dec 19 2013 at 11:01am
Sponsored Links

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 7:51am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Ask to come along on the trip. She's too young and the trust isn't there. If they say you can't go, then you say you'd prefer to wait until she is older.

Yeah... this happened last year. I went a long and it turned into a big mess I had to end up getting a $400 plan ticket to go home so me going is definitely a no no.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 4:35am
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

its grandma, whats the problem?
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Go with your gut.
2 years old is really young to be away from mom.. especially if you are not 100% for it.
IA.

If you're not feeling it, then just send granny a cell phone video on Christmas. Granny will huff & puff but she'll be okay.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:39pm
I rather be safe than sorry when it comes to kids so go with your gut. 2 years old is too young to travel for me. I already know I'm over protective so they probably won't be traveling with anyone I don't like or trust.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:30pm
im not a parent so i can't really comment… 
but i feel like a grandparent should be trusted. no matter if its your mom or his mom… 

yes, you know and trust your mother better.. but has his mom ever proved herself to be irresponsible as far as your child…? 

leave your and her personal issues at the door.. this is about your childs relationship with her paternal grandma… not about your and her relationship. 

if she has proven that she's irresponsible or if you feel like she wouldn't take care of your child well.. then i understand.. don't let them go.. 

i personally would really really feel a way if i couldn't take my own grandkid somewhere.. unless i had proof/reasons of why i shouldn't be trusted with my own grandkid…? fck outta here.. i would pitch a hissy fit and you would feel my wrath… 
ijs. 

Edited by coconess - Dec 18 2013 at 9:32pm
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

only my mom can take my kids. and still when she did she only went to cali. 6 hr drive. if i cant get to them in case of emergency they cant go.

its like that sometimes...

Edited by mommykat - Dec 18 2013 at 8:51pm
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:02pm
Ask to come along on the trip. She's too young and the trust isn't there. If they say you can't go, then you say you'd prefer to wait until she is older.

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 7:18pm
I don't know how parents can do it. I know I couldn't be a parent because my child would be strapped to me for at least the first 10 years.

Yeah but don't send your child with anyone you don't trust. I've heard of relatives doing underhanded ish like letting the child's hair look crazy (or pressing/perming/braiding it w/o permission), having them walk around in dirty clothes/diapers, and things like that...stuff that can be explained away if they're called on it but is really done on purpose to get back at the parent.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 7:14pm
only my mom can take my kids. and still when she did she only went to cali. 6 hr drive. if i cant get to them in case of emergency they cant go.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic