BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Classic length hair challenge

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Classic length hair challenge
    Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 4:00am
Good luck ladies, I'm nowhere near that length but maybe one day! LOL
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Louel Louel wrote:

*Are you relaxed, or natural?

Washing: I rinse my scalp with shampoo - comb my hair under running water - put a lot of conditioner (sometimes mixed with oil and/or honey) in my hair - I put 4-8 braids in my hair - Squeeze the excess water out - let it dry over night - blow dry damp braids in the morning

Why do you mix honey in your conditioner? And what kind of oil do you add? Coconut? Castor oil?
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:27pm
Wow - I will be watching this thread for pics and tips. If you girls can achieve that by late 2014, it would be amazing!
Right now I am trying for waist length, so I won't joining in..... :)
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 9:30pm
Not trying to go that long as a natural but, pulling up a seat to njoy the show and cheering you long-haired divas on!
darkvalkyrie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkvalkyrie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 9:50am
Guess I'll join :)

Relaxed, currently transitioning to texlax.

*What is your current length?
When loose and wet, midway down my butt.

*What are 3 of your short term goals? (could be milestones, bad habit breaking, etc.)
1. Thicker ends :)
2. Improve my detangling methods / reduce tangling
3. Come up with other cute hairstyles to stretch my roots and prevent shrinkage (I work out a lot) which causes tangling/matting for me. My go-to style is 2 buns (like princess leia) or 4 braids which I end up putting in 2 buns anyway :) These prevent tangles and stretch my roots and make detangling easy at the end of the week.

*What is your regimen?
-Detangle hair once a week while dry but very moisturized (my relaxed hair gets tangly when wet)
-Shampoo when I feel its needed using Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo (Rarely. Usually only when I'm testing out some new product that doesn't work with my hair)
-Cowash 1-2x per week in 4-8 braids (silicone free only)
-Henna monthly
-Protein treatments as needed every 3-6 weeks (Joico K-Pak for strong protein, Aubrey Organics GPB for a lighter protein)
-Moisturize and seal every other day
-PS 99% of the time (I've had my hair "down" i.e touching my clothes in 2 braids only a couple times this year)

*Post a resent (pre challenge) picture showing your hair length 
-I'll try to take a more recent pic later
Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 8:12am
I'm natural

My longest strands now reach tailbone length when I stretch them out.

*What are 3 of your short term goals? (could be milestones, bad habit breaking, etc.)
1. reach full tailbone length 
2. keep my hair healthy
3. stretch between washes as much as I can

*What is your regimen?
I only straightened my hair about 3 times, thus far, since being natural
I use organic hair products when I wear my hair in its curly state

Washing: I rinse my scalp with shampoo - comb my hair under running water - put a lot of conditioner (sometimes mixed with oil and/or honey) in my hair - I put 4-8 braids in my hair - Squeeze the excess water out - let it dry over night - blow dry damp braids in the morning

In between washes: Put 4-8 braids in my hair before going to bed or sleep with a high bun

Will take some new pictures in the next few weeks and post them before the end of the year

Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 7:43am
Hey Ladies,

Some of us entered the tailbone length hair challenge. I'm hoping that this year, some of us might want to reach for classic length.

The tailbone hair challenge thread seemed pretty inactive after a short while. I hope we can keep this thread more lively by at least checking in every month to write a short update on how you and your hair are doing so far. You can post update pictures or wait for the big reveal on or right before 01-01-2015

If you want to enter the challenge, please answer the following questions:

*What is your regimen?

(questions were copied from the tailbone length hair challenge 2013)

Feel welcome to enter <3

Edited by Louel - Dec 05 2013 at 7:52am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply