Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHave You Ever Heard Of The Black Wall St?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Ever Heard Of The Black Wall St?
    Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 9:28pm
Yt folks don't want us with N.O.T.H.I.N.G! And it's been proven time and time again.....

The system is set up for THEM and them only, it never was for us in any way. We gotta work twice, ten times as hard to get were we gotta go, and even when we get there the battle still ain't over. 

We need more Nat Turners, Stokley Carmichaels, and Malcolm Xs to help us get shyt done and get our economic power back in other things that matter and not in what we wear or drive. Being "a meek, humble negro" got us nowhere. We were able to come together more as a people and have more of our own stuff before desegregation.....just sayin.
Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 7:33pm
Because there are too many of us who are trying to "fit in" and be like everybody else (White people), instead of trying to do/be better.

Truly seems like that spark to finding a better way of life has died in our culture along with MLK, and Malcolm X.
CuteNSweet View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Main reason the black community is in shambles. The systematic morale breakdown this country has instilled was so unnecessary. The whitewashed, revisionist history; the violence, the pure hatred and so much more.

What I don't understand is how we KNOW this to be true but we refuse to follow someone like Minister Farrakhan.   I swear if more black people would follow NOI or back NOI plans things could start moving in positive directions for our communities.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Ihatechu CLC! But Imma be waiting for the shaming to occur while I eat mah cookies and tea.LOL

None of my schools ever taught me about Black Wall st (east coast and west coast schools). Black lit in college didn't teach it to me. Civil Rights course didn't mention it. My crummy AA prof missed it too. Grad program, Black blogs and websites like BHM taught these things to me along with other Black figures in history.

I'm saying tho!

I didn't get raised by Black teachers, and the few I had as a kid were forced to read from White history books.  You could see it in their eyes that they hated lying to all them Black babies up in the classroom about events that were so inaccurate and hid dark truths (no pun intended, but intended at the same time), but what could they do?

How the fuk someone gonna come strutting up in here claiming that because we don't know every Black event that unfolded our Blackness is being questioned?

The way you coming up in here with this self-declared level of importance, trying to look down your nose at anyone who isn't on your imaginary "level" sounds like something a bitter old wrinkle-faced Cracka would do, so I question YOUR motherfuking Blackness. 

How fuking dare you
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

yes i have (couple weeks ago in the Henry Louis Gates thread) LOL

Midna i've been meaning to ask of you go somehow see if you can find the series and put it somewhere i can DL it. Its not available in my region online
Me too. I was upset about it.  SMDH.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 3:20pm
I Love being natural now cause I no longer am a slave to korean owned bss. I support Black owned natural hair care products online

Edited by Bored w/Out Me? - Nov 23 2013 at 3:22pm
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 3:18pm
This thread makes the depths of my soul hurt cause I wish we could have The Black Wall Street today.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Ihatechu CLC! But Imma be waiting for the shaming to occur while I eat mah cookies and tea.LOL

None of my schools ever taught me about Black Wall st (east coast and west coast schools). Black lit in college didn't teach it to me. Civil Rights course didn't mention it. My crummy AA prof missed it too. Grad program, Black blogs and websites like BHM taught these things to me along with other Black figures in history.

mines didn't either.  I learned about it on my own.  I was heavy into PBS way back and then some other channel...can't remember what it was but it aired alot of documentaries.  I want to say National Geographic or The History Channel.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 2:53pm

patternsandtexture View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 2:38pm
Been known about it. That's why whites are feared cause they ain't afraid to take by any means necessary.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic