FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE
    Posted: Dec 29 2014 at 5:06pm
Benni - Happy NEW YEAR...

Please see my responses below..

What did the other people do to cope with the break-outs
--- well some people stated that their is an ingredients that breaks people out. I don't have the exact ingredient right now.

Supposedly you mix one drop of the obagi with the retin a.
Which I did and I'm telling you my entire chin broke out on both sides.
Then after the bumps it left a dark spot.

I tried to hold on but by the 3 week point it was too much. I tried different ways, skipping a day, etc but I just could not take it anymore.

I could have dealt with the bumps but not the dark spots, I stopped using it then a week later did a TCA peel focusing on the spots. It helped and I might do another peel in about 4 weeks.

I order my peels from platinumskincare.dot.com.
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2014 at 9:00pm
I finally used the 0.1% Retin-A gel Clap,  and did it on Christmas Eve.....Really bold move.     I did not see any effect until today.....A very gentle peel Thumbs Up

Love this gel.  It glides on like oil/butter.    A very small smear goes a long way.   These 12 tubes will last a very long time.

Seeing it for the first time was surprising.    The .05% gel  seem like a mixture of gel and cream,   the 0.1%  is very clear,  and very spreadable.     I love it !!!!!

For now I am using it every other day,   with heavy moisturizer between applications.

Cool   HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2014 at 9:58pm
It has been a week since I put Retin-A on hold.  I am not flaking anymore,  so I  used Kojie San soap and left on for 2 minutes this morning.
I may resume Retin A tomorrow.   I will try the 0.1% Gel every other night initially to accustom my skin to it,   then alternate with the Cream in another week or twoErmm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2014 at 10:49pm
I have not been having much peeling,  but the dryness Question  Shocked
Sweet Almond Oil has been working wonders.    Fortunately I have not had to leave my home until after its dark,  so the sun has not been a problem during this time of flaking.  
Heart-ing  the new smooth skin.

Thumbs Up
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2014 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Hey Benni - I am stopping using the obagi, it has been breaking me out so much and it just is not worth it. I read online that some people have had breakouts to later be happy with their skin but I can't take it anymore. I'm going to have to do a peel to try and fade some of these spots that the new bumps by obaji created.

Hey Sunshine.   What did the other people do to cope with the break-outsQuestion
Is there something in the ingredients list that you may be sensitive toQuestion

Maybe after the Holidays you may want to try again.

It's awful to buy something and have it not workCry

You can probably try mixing it with something to weaken it to your tolerance.

Fingers crossed for you Handshake

Good LuckStar
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2014 at 9:06pm
Hey Benni - I am stopping using the obagi, it has been breaking me out so much and it just is not worth it. I read online that some people have had breakouts to later be happy with their skin but I can't take it anymore. I'm going to have to do a peel to try and fade some of these spots that the new bumps by obaji created.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2014 at 7:48pm
So here's the thing... Last night I was using the last of my .05% Retin-A Gel.    Got the creepy crawley (itching).   Too lazy to get up and wash my face,   I just wiped it off with a issue.
This a.m I noticed a pinkish hue.   Not too red
Grateful that that I was using the last of the .05% gel,  so I could not blame it on the higher %-age   0.
.1%  new shipment .
Also grateful that that I would now have to take a break before using the .1%,  so my skin would have the opportunity to recover.
Would be using lots of moisturizer with Tea Tree oil  for the following days.

Wink

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2014 at 10:22pm

I get my retin a from alldaychemist in india. But key thing is the shipping is 25.00 so I order maybe once every 1 1/2. I makes sure I order my husband's asthma inhaler, retin a (several) so it is worth the shipping cost. It also takes like 1 month to get to MD.

I get mine from them also.   I ordered at least a years worth (24 tubes altogether), but only paid $12 on shipping this time.   
Their service has improved because my order took 1 week to get to me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2014 at 1:34pm
I get my retin a from alldaychemist in india. But key thing is the shipping is 25.00 so I order maybe once every 1 1/2. I makes sure I order my husband's asthma inhaler, retin a (several) so it is worth the shipping cost. It also takes like 1 month to get to MD.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2014 at 7:28pm

Hey - I recently started using Obagi Blender with Retin A. I will post the results. I'm hoping I have good results. I'll post back in the coming weeks.

Good Luck Sunshine321511 Hope it works well for you.

Where do you get your Retin-A ?    A few days ago I received a large shipment from ADC. I got 12 Retin-A .05% Cream, and 12 Retin-A .1% Gel.
I have not tried this higher %-age Gel yet because I am finishing what I already had on hand.    I hope it's not too strong for me

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Next Hair Extensions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>