Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 37>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SaraBiston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaraBiston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY JOURNEY TO BETTER SKIN CARE
    Posted: Jul 18 2015 at 4:38am
For better skin I always use Dermpura facial cleanser. It protect my skin from environmental damaged  and provide innovative skin care treatment to my skin.
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2015 at 8:03pm
Hi Sunshine & Khivey;

Sorry, I have not been on BHM for a while.

I just so happens that I did a facial peel (LA) this morning...30%
It has been quite a few months since I have done a peel.   After rinsing, I just applied Aloe Vera Gel with Tea Tree Oil. I have not been using Retin-A for more than a week due to peeling.
Too scared to use Retin-A and do a Peel without having a few days lapse in between.

For me, LA has helped significantly in removing my permatan. There are still a few stubborn areas like my temples and cheek bones that are 'resistant'.   They seem light some days, then the darkness reappears.   I know that this is just the depth of sun damage coming to the surface as the outer layers are removed. I will just keep working on it.

I will restart Retin-A on Monday,   and most likely do another facial peel in approx 2 weeks.

Really like using AVG on my face after washing to help restore pH among its other benefits.

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 10:55am
May I suggest that you use Aloe Vera gel as a sunscreen? It is natural if you get the 99% and it is fabulous! 
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 2:21pm
Oh I forgot to update, a few months ago I did a TCA peel on the dark area on the back of my neck.

I got the mark from a necklace that irritated the skin, then I applied an over the counter item and it made it worst and darkened the skin.

I did a TCA peel, used a q tip and only applied to the dark area, did this on a Friday, and did not leave the house for several days. I applied the method above of constantly wetting the skin in the shower and allowing the peel to complete its course.

It did lighten the area a lot and I might do a second in a few weeks, also after the peel I did not wear any neck jewelry for at least 2 weeks. This might not have been necessary but I did it.

Let me explain the wetting the area process:
I would say every 3 hours go in the shower and let the shower head run on my face for say 10 minutes, then I would dry off and say 40 minutes later put on the retin a.

But I'd love to hear Benni -- How has the LA helped your skin. And how do you apply it to lotions and does it matter what lotions I apply it to?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 1:59pm
I want to add, I did a 12% TCA peel on just the spots on my face. I applied it on Thursday, just to the spots. Also I have purchased a 2nd micro current product (from HSN) which does help, it is more exercising the facial muscles to help the again process.

I have found a trick that helps my peels work faster. 1)after peel is applied, before bed I put on my retin A, 2) the next morning, I shower and try and saturate the face with water from the shower, several times a day. 3) after each face wetting in the shower, I wait say 1 hour and put another layer of retin a on the area where the peel was done.

4) I do this at least 3 times a day, and it seems to speed up the process. 5) So I put on the peel on Thursday and today Saturday, the peel is DONE.

Now mind you, I only did the side of my face where the spots were, I DID NOT DO a full face peel.

So now tonight, I will start to put on the hydro. on the spots because I have noticed that sometimes after a peel your lighten skin can get dark.

I get my products from platinumskincaredotcom.

I thank GOD I learned how to do peels at home, it saves a lot of money, of course, I do not leave the house and I still won't apply any makeup until Monday.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2015 at 1:48pm
just wanted to send you a hello, your posting are very good and informative.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2015 at 4:08pm
I have been so focused on getting Retin-A application correct lately, that I have been ignoring my ears, and it shows
Today I am leaving Kojic San soap on my ears for a few hours.
That area is tough enough to handle it.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2015 at 12:39pm
After cleansing, I did a Rose Powder mask mixed with Rose Water. After rinsing, I waited 45 mins before applying Vit C serum, while massaging in the serum,   I noticed a massive amount of flakes on my face. It reminded me of when I did Egg white masks.
I am always so pleased and amused when my face peels or flakes without going through the excessive dryness period.

I will just continue with the Rose masks once, or maybe twice,   and the pre-cleansing oils.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2015 at 2:54pm
I am finding that EVOO does not work as well as Sweet Almond Oil as a pre-cleansing oil. Perhaps because it is less viscous.
I tried EVOO with different cleansers including Du-Du Osun soap. It was an okay enough buffer for the cleanser, but my skin did not feel as supple afterward.
(I hope over time this would not cause a problem by clogging the pores.)
The pre-cleanse oiling does permit me to use Retin-A nightly, taking the weekends off for rest and repair of the facial skin.
Prior to 'oiling' I was only able to use Retin-A for just a few days, then take the next week to 10 days off due to excessive peeling/flaking/dry skin.
Next week I will try using Avocado Oil
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2015 at 3:09pm
It makes sense that I treat my skin as I would my hair. I decided this morning to 'pre wash' by oiling my face with Sweet Almond Oil before cleansing.   It's just what I happened to have out at the time.   While rubbing the oil onto my face and neck, a lot of dead and flaky skin was removed (by product of Retin A).
This process left my skin more supple. I did not have the dryness that usually occur after washing.
I can also use EVOO, Grapeseed Oils since they are less expensive than the SAO.

Edited by Benni - Feb 19 2015 at 3:11pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
TheGoodHair.com
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon