FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Black boy arrested at Barneys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black boy arrested at Barneys
    Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 1:28pm
I just hope he really could afford to spend this money- on a belt. I think instead of improving our lives most people are focused on spending money on things that have no significance on the improvement of there lives.
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 9:44am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

can just one time i walk into one of those ultra expensive stores and get racially profiled so i can sue and get paid?....dayum....wth...

Me too! I'm going to start walking into high end store with no intent to buy. LOL
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 9:41am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

45k is not enough

I'm curious as to how much he'll actually get in his pocket minus the lawyer fees he had to pay

Great question!!! I hope he had not been getting advances. I hope he gets a good portion.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 9:13am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

45k is not enough

I'm curious as to how much he'll actually get in his pocket minus the lawyer fees he had to pay
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2016 at 1:12am
45k is not enough
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 9:48pm
can just one time i walk into one of those ultra expensive stores and get racially profiled so i can sue and get paid?....dayum....wth...
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 9:45pm
now how about the girl? did she not get detained at Barney's also or was it somewhere else?
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 8:19pm
Best revenge win a lawsuit
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 7:28pm
I hope he puts the money for good use. Fvck barneys and nypd!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2016 at 7:25pm

Black student wins $45G settlement over alleged Barneys profiling, NYPD stop-frisk

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 4:10 AM

A young black man who claimed Barneys and the New York Police Department profiled him for credit card fraud because he bought a $349 belt has won a $45,000 settlement from the city, according to officials.

Trayon Christian used his debit card to buy a reversible, black-and-white Ferragamo belt from Barneys' Upper East Side flagship on April 27, 2013.

After he left, the Corona, Queens resident was hassled by two undercover NYPD detectives on Fifth Ave. and E. 60th St., a block away from the tony Madison Avenue department store, Christian alleged in an October 2013 lawsuit.

The cops detained Christian who was an engineering student at the New York City College of Technology, where he also held a work-study job because they didn't think a young, black man could lawfully purchase the high-priced accessory, he said.

The New York Police Department has maintained that Christian was held for around 40 minutes, not two hours.

In August 2014, Barneys agreed to pay $525,000 in fines to settle racial profiling claims.

Christian's lawyers declined to comment.

Asked about the settlement, a spokesman for the city's Law Department commented: "Resolving this litigation was in the best interest of the city."

The terms of Christian's settlement with Barneys is unclear.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic