FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAtheists have higher IQs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 2.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atheists have higher IQs
    Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by OoDles O' Noodles OoDles O' Noodles wrote:

If we had to rely on the bible belt to choose our next president....
I'm sure we would all commit dat.

shiiiiiiid.
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Hell naw! Can you imagine how much more this country's history would be effed up if that happened?DeadLOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I don't know why folks are so invested in declaring a whole subset of people smarter or dumber than over spiritual beliefs. I guess that means 3/4 of the world is dumb as fucc...

Well, ahh ... that is correct.

3/4th  of the world is dumb as ...

And I think it's funny that any study posted on BHM ... is automatically .. false. Confused
I wonder which quarter you position yourself in... nvm
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:35am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Do you think people in medical fields are less likely to question things than people in scientific research?

Doctors go through a whole lot of science training but do you think the distinct between it be focused on practice rather than research makes it less likely for them to question religion?

Just wondering why my doctors always seem to be devoutly religion, whereas my research professors are not.

I think its because doctors see the science they learned in school disproved all the time.  For instance a person gets an injury that they have a 5% chance of surviving and a 2% chance of making a full recovery, and a year later the person is fully recovered.  I think doctors see (more than anyone else) that so many aspects of mortality cannot be calculated or quantified. 

Also, a lot of physicians practicing in the US are foreign born and raised.  Many of them memorize the factual science they need to do well in to complete their studies, but they compartmentalize that from their own personal belief in God.  Practicing medicine is a job, not a lifestyle the way Molecular Genetic research is.  I don't know if that make sense.

I'll speak as a 3rd year med student, who is a muslim--I have never separated my faith from my studies. I see Gods work in everything I do. Science has strengthened my faith because of the incredible level of complexity and order that exists in our world and universe. There are only two possibilities. Either there is a God that created and designed everything....or there is an infinite number of universes and a universe like ours (with perfect conditions and laws of nature) was spontaneously created. There is no proof for either. Therefore there is no "correct" answer. I think that when/if science can explain how matter at the time of the big bang was created from nothing (which is a direct violation of scientific law), then we will make more ground. Until then, no one is "stupid" for believing in God, and no one is "stupid" for not believing. This "study" is no more meaningful than all the other studies that people do for the pure purpose of uplifting themselves and putting down others. I appreciate your post uppity-- however I'd have to disagree about medicine being a "job"...I definitely consider it a lifestyle.

Very well said. 

I've learned to avoid BHM's threads on religion, but had to quote leftywefty's post for emphasis. Beautiful, well-articulated, thoughtful response. 

Alright, that's all I'm done. Continue on folks...
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:09am
Intelligence is a non factor if ones knowledge is based on lies. Doesn't matter which side of the spectrum you are on (believer or non-believer). Considering that the worldly knowledge, theories and information that's being pushed to the masses is sh!tty and constantly changing (deviating from the truth), becoming highly intelligent according to society's standard is not a difficult achievement.

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 10:44am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I don't know why folks are so invested in declaring a whole subset of people smarter or dumber than over spiritual beliefs. I guess that means 3/4 of the world is dumb as fucc...

Well, ahh ... that is correct.

3/4th  of the world is dumb as ...

And I think it's funny that any study posted on BHM ... is automatically .. false. Confused

Edited by Printer_Ink - Aug 19 2013 at 10:47am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 10:38am
How is intelligence being measured here?
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:11am

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I believe it.......

as do i
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I think belief and reason are slightly different, though. I mean, I think it is possible to explore why certain populations are able to produce seemingly sound, rational arguments FOR their own deities, while completely dismissing others. It could also be interesting to find out if those same people would be willing to provide a sound, rational argument against their belief system.

I don't think that race and intelligence can be connected in the same way that, for example rational though (which presumes a certain level of intelligence) can be compared to belief.

Is it perfectly rational to believe there is a flying tea pot orbiting the Earth?
You tell me.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic