FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedNappy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappy
    Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:14pm
nappy is not a bad word...it feels the same way as someone using the term black...it really depends on the intent behind the use of the word.  i do lol at black ppl talkin about proud to be nappy when their natural hair ain't even nappy.  
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:11pm
My 4b/c hair is nappy or kinky .. either word is fine. I never associated the word nappy as a negative connotation.

You folks are too sensitive .. and it's not working for you.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

do you use the word to describe your hair or others? yes if not what alternative do you use? I do also use: kinky, coily

if you're fine with it, how do you feel about other races referring to your hair as nappy? it's actually not come up personally. i'd rather them not though-- regardless of race. usually with other people (black included) nappy is used negatively and you're not about to insult me or my "hairitage" as it were.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 10:36am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

tatee I thought of another way this word fckery works.  Republicans tend to make "liberal", "progressive", "communist", "nature-lover" and a whole host of non-republican words sound like poison coming out of anyone's mouth.   Their constituents eat it up.

You got me feeling like we really need to solve something with the word "nappy", either keep it or kill itLOL

Its not even our word and its starting to seem like we're the only ones who still use it.

i guess i feel  words definitely should be evaluated. i just find more and more that i need to think about the words i use, how i use them and what they say about me and how i feel about others.
i have a hard time seeing or finding the balance of saying something to exhibit pride but on the other hand hurtful if said by an outsider.

im reading this thread about BB live feeds and apparently Amanda last night was mad at Candice for wearing her head-band and said "put it on her greasy, nappy hair head without asking".

so that would piss me off but if im "happy to be nappy" am i telling the world that i should be more mad about her calling her hair greasy.LOL idk
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 8:54pm
tatee I thought of another way this word fckery works.  Republicans tend to make "liberal", "progressive", "communist", "nature-lover" and a whole host of non-republican words sound like poison coming out of anyone's mouth.   Their constituents eat it up.

You got me feeling like we really need to solve something with the word "nappy", either keep it or kill itLOL

Its not even our word and its starting to seem like we're the only ones who still use it.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 4:49pm
I just say kinky.

Some people get the wrong impression though.
juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 4:24pm
Don't like the word nappy. Never really hear people say it in my family. My boyfriend has said it when referring to his hair when it's not combed. I call mine curly, because that's what it is. Nappy sounds negative. My mother's side never used or used it. My stepdad has used it before. I will never use it.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 3:41pm
  bushy may be offensive to some too though.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 3:40pm
I haven't since the 80's.
I usually say bushy hair; maybe coarse.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 3:31pm
i call my hair nappy all the time... either that or i call it a rosebush.. cause thats what it looks like.

Confused
Ermm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic