BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Running Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RickyPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickyPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Running Thread
    Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by RickyPaul RickyPaul wrote:

I do running everyday because its a best exercise for all body parts. This is my favorite exercise for strength and fat burning. I suggest everyone to start doing running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djf8uVCeKxk - lakecountybootcamps

Edited by RickyPaul - Jan 03 2014 at 10:58pm
Sponsored Links

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 10:02pm
I ran 137.96 miles in 2013.  I ran 106 of those miles in July and August.  I want to make a resolution for 2014 that includes running all year.  I think I need to dial back on my mileage in summer and spread it out through the year.  I think I'm going to say 250.  I didn't get serious until over halfway through the year so I think that is very doable.  And I'm kicking it of with The Resolution Run!!  It's 2.6 miles around a local lake and a great way to meet local runners.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
RickyPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickyPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 12:44am
I do running everyday because its a best exercise for all body parts. This is my favorite exercise for strength and fat burning. I suggest everyone to start doing running.
doitnine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doitnine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:18pm
i want to run, because i will lose weight.
http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-helicopters. - http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-helicopters.html
swweet*suga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swweet*suga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 1:26pm
Why do you run/want to start running? I first started running to loose weight and starting at 290 it was a challenge. Running has honestly changed my life, while I still have a love/hate relationship with it, it allows me to be active.
How long have you been running? I have been running for a lil over a year.
Have you done any races?  Which ones?  I have done 3 races Cleveland rite aid 5k, Akron road runner relay race Leg 1 and the women who run 4 mi race.
What are your running goals? While Im just taking baby steps with wogging, My goal is to run with out stopping. 
Is there anything you feel is holding you back from your running goals?  How do you plan to overcome it? Honestly my weight, which im working on , but everyone knows that it is a constant struggle. 
What's your favorite training program?  Don't have one Cry  I have yet to find one that I've been able to stick to.
Do you belong to any running groups?  Black Girls run Cleveland ohio Chapter
What type of diet do you follow if any? Nothing in particular but trying to eat clean and make healthier choices. 
What's your favorite running gear/running aids? My favorite running gear is anything from Old Navy. My running aids is  runkeeper. 
What are you currently training for?  Cleveland rite aid 5k
Anything else to ask or share? Running is hard. while i sometimes catch the runners high I often still havent found that happy place in running. Working a full time job and school at night makes it super hard but im determined to make it happen. 
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 7:28am
Originally posted by RoxieDream RoxieDream wrote:

Hey D! I don't know if you know this, but the BGR National Race that's in Charlotte has a virtual option for $20 if you're interested. You'll still get the medal but no t-shirt

Yep, registered and taking off at 8 PST.  I'm excited to still be able to be a part of the race though life does not allow for me to make it to NC.  Good luck today if you're running!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 2:46pm
I tried running again but it just doesn't hold my interest.  Too many people wanna chat it up with me and I ain't into all that. 
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 9:34am
Hey D! I don't know if you know this, but the BGR National Race that's in Charlotte has a virtual option for $20 if you're interested. You'll still get the medal but no t-shirt
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 9:33am
Why do you run/want to start running?  Its a challenge for me .... I can see my improvements (when I actually run lol) and it's good quiet time
How long have you been running?  August 2011
Have you done any races?  Which ones?  I've done a lot .... a bunch of 5ks, some relays, one half marathon. I do more races in the fall and so far I have 3 coming up - 1 relay, 1 5k, and 1 virtual race
What are your running goals?  If I could run a 5k without stopping, that would be great. But I don't run as consistently as I need to
Is there anything you feel is holding you back from your running goals?  How do you plan to overcome it?  I've started getting really bad tightness in my calves and pain in my arches. I need to stretch more and buy more KT Tape because it helped
What's your favorite training program?  I haven't found one to stick to yet
Do you belong to any running groups?  Black Girls Run! ATLANTA
What type of diet do you follow if any?  None LoL .... I try to eat clean. I'm detoxing starting Monday so hopefully I'll be back in order soon 
What's your favorite running gear/running aids?  Nike+
What are you currently training for?  Life! 
Anything else to ask or share? I'm at the gym when BGR is running so it's hard for me to get runs in. Hopefully in the fall\winter, it gets easier because it's too hot to run in the summer!
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:48am
Okay so the 8k went decent.  My iPod said it was 5.49 miles and I timed in at 1:01:16.  I was really trying to get under an hour but there were some major hills I had not trained for.  Gotta love Seattle.  

Now it's on to continue training for the half marathon 9/15/13.  Today I'm setting out for 7 miles.  My weekday before work runs are up to 4 miles.  One of the cardiologists I work with is big on heart rate monitoring while you exercise so I have this Nike monitor I'm going to wear today.  I've not lost any real weight to speak of but he has and he makes sure he's working hard enough by monitoring.  I'm going to try it and see how it goes.

**** Update* I did it!  7 miles in  1:18:26.  The heart monitor was genius.  It really made me push myself.  I was training under zone big time.  It took me a while to get my stride but at mile 3.75 I found it.  I stayed in zone for about half of my run.

Edited by ThatGurlD - Aug 03 2013 at 10:51am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System