Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts
    Posted: Jan 26 2015 at 8:37am
Oh yeah and I wish i could make it like a u part but I really really really don't want to put any heat on my hair, I know that makes no sense, when I'm wearing silkyish wigs lol 
Sponsored Links

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2015 at 12:59pm
Thanks a lot LB, I was looking through old threads and I saw someone suggest some gots2b gel to lay it down, I may try that.
I just used baby shampoo to try to get the concealer off but I may need to use something stronger.

I noticed it DOES look better when I only put stuff on my natural part and leave the lace alone mainly
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2015 at 4:46pm
Bribby, take this with a grain of salt because I only wore one like twice, but I was having the same issue.. But what helped me a little was..

-putting some hair-colored eye shadow on my (real) roots to make my hair look a little more dense in order to match the wig (see how your natural part looks a little wider and your hair looks less dense than the wig)

-since I was wearing it behind my hair line, I pulled my hair out rather than tucking it back. That helped

- I , too, had to wash off the concealer. I went back in with a light eyeshadow and put it on both the lace and my part.

It still wasn't laying down enough for me though even after bobby pinning all down the hairline. I still need to try the tootsies mom method and maybe a dab of glue
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2015 at 1:20pm

So can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here...
And update so far one of the side combs the sewing is coming off of on side, so I need to fix that because the comb doesn't really work for that side...

I think in this picture there's concealer on the lace, so I need to wash that off

And the other thing the front lace isn't laying down like tight and snug like it was when I first got it...
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2015 at 9:49am
So I was reminiscing on Lace Wigs past. What was the best wig you ever had? In regards to texture or structure or hair whatever? I think in regards to WOC texture my best unit was from fixinheads.com. It was a kinky curly but it had a yaki texture to it so it wasn't shiny. She was the realest 4A that I had ever seen especially at the time. She shedded but she was so gorgeous and so worth the money. I would twist her up into all kinks of updo's with crystal pins and clips. Her texture was so mouthwatering. I was saving money to get another when fixinheads disappeared. *sighs* Why Fixinheads? Why you leave me?

Edited by newdiva1 - Jan 13 2015 at 9:51am
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2015 at 5:58pm
[QUOTE=Bribby] I got this lace front, I like it, the hair does get kind of tangled, but I didn't condition it when I got it...
Do you do that like you do wefts when you get them?

Also, so I'm thinking it probably needs more hair added, I need to go look to see if I have some hair I can add lying around... I should..

another thing the front is not laying down like it used to but I leave it on a shelve like folded, so could that be the reason why?
where do you store your wigs?
[/QUOTE

I am not truly understanding your question but if your lace wig has wefts you can add additional hair on those wefts either by manually sewing them on or like I do use a sewing machine after sealing the wefts, I use nail polish though there is some great fray block that can be used.. if you fold the wig once you put the wig on your head you can always tie it down after parting to change the direction of the hair at the part hope this helps
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2015 at 8:36am
I got this lace front, I like it, the hair does get kind of tangled, but I didn't condition it when I got it...
Do you do that like you do wefts when you get them?

Also, so I'm thinking it probably needs more hair added, I need to go look to see if I have some hair I can add lying around... I should..

another thing the front is not laying down like it used to but I leave it on a shelve like folded, so could that be the reason why?
where do you store your wigs?
PinoyHairAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinoyHairAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2014 at 9:05am
Lace fronts -I don't think I can pull them off.
I returned my lacefront (because of quality issue though) and I'm juat waiting for stocks of ordinary parted wigs that I plan to cut into an invisible part/v part with leave out hair.

Edited by PinoyHairAddict - Oct 23 2014 at 9:07am
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 12:46pm
I am wearing my back up to the back up wig.Ermm
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 12:26pm
All I want is some hair - human or synthetic that doesn't shed, tangle and become a hot mess after two weeks.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Next Hair Extensions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>