Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Thoughts - Lace Fronts
    Posted: Jan 13 2017 at 8:23pm
He's been reading BHM..

Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2017 at 6:37pm
this is interesting to me as I learned these tips from BHM years ago

Hair Guru Tokyo Stylez Gives the Scoop On Slaying Your Lace Wig Like a Pro! 

Photo by @tokyostylez via Instagram

Jul, 01, 2016
You’ve Been Blending Your Wig All Wrong! Here’s The Secret to Natural Looking Hair

Tokyo Stylez has styled the wigs of some of your favorite celebs— Karrueche Tran and Kylie Jenner are just two A-listers on a long list of celebrity clientele. At ESSENCE Festival this year we caught up with the hair guru to get the scoop on how to blend your wig seamlessly with your natural hair and his must-have product for making wig silk look like scalp blew our minds! 

“I never use foundation on my wigs— I always tint my lace with fabric dye,” says Stylez. His dye of choice is RIT Fabric Dye. Start by dying the knots on your wig using a powder bleach mix; this will also lighten the lace making it easer to tint. For an even more natural look, tweeze the hairline to give it a more natural density.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2017 at 4:43pm
It's all about experimentation.

That means, the chinese don't care if you walk around looking like something that just dropped out of cat's a**..

And if you happen to know someone who says: "You do you" or "Just do you, girl"..  go back home and change your wig.. because they're laughing their butts off.

When you're app is done  and laid well - and they look at you and ask who's your stylist, or give you the "stank eye" and say, "That ain't all your hair".. or they come at your for the old "weave check" posture -

Then you've arrived..

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2017 at 4:40pm
too damn funny

I'm looking up old wig websites that i started to learn how to buy non lace and lacefront wigs.  

Maple Leaf Wigs was one of the vendors.  They used to advertise here on BHM.. I ordered a lacefront wig from them a few years ago.  I thought that the poorly made "hair transplant" look in the front was normal. 

These mexicans over here were laughing their asses off at me when i would come in on call.

Maple Leaf
Vivica Fox wigs
Sherri Shepherd wigs
Wow Wigs
Vogue Wigs
Ebony Wigs
SamsBeauty
Hair to Beauty
Elevate Styles
Clair Hair

All of those cheap, bulky/plasticky looking synthetic and human hair wigs, and i thought i was STYLING.

There was one wig that made me look as if i were casting for the movie:  "The Help"..  I think it was called "Sammy" from Beshe brand..  Of course, it's no longer in the market..

I thought i "had it going on."  That wig was the most expensive i had ever owned @ $27.50.

I saw that wig on Viola Davis on HBO, and damn near cried.  I had bought 3 more just like it.

Then i learned about Lace front wigs:

After that, I had so many "wig "glue"  incidents".. 

From not knowing how to use Got2bglue while working out (used the wrong type and when i sweated i had this bright white halo around my perimeter.  it wasn't "water resistant"..

To using NATURAL gels to hold my wig in place that smelled like fungus or sweaty/dirty socks.  Hospital personnel, patients and especially Mexicans did not tell me about it.  I just happened to lean over one day and as i was getting up, i kept smelling it.  This had been going on for weeks and no one said a word to me. Ouch  At least not to ME anyway..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 13 2017 at 4:44pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2017 at 5:22pm
I do know one thing when wearing straight hair or a body wave lace front.  Even though i wear a net wig cap underneath the wig, (which helps my scalp breathe), the oils or products seep into the wig.  Thus, i have to wash the darn thing very often.  

I hate wearing kinky curly wigs, and just threw out the last two from Friday Night wigs.  It's just way too much volume.  And when they get frizzy?  It's not a good look.  Plus, it feels like wire.  THEN we have the shedding.  I noticed this with every single kinky curly wig i've every owned.  Balls of hair rolling down the hall in front of me as i'm walking, like damn puppies, or tumble weeds.

I will say that the straight/layered GS15? i've hung onto for months, has to be washed at least once a week, or i'll be walking around here looking like Courtney Love about the head.  But at least there is really no shedding with this brand.

The straightk/yaki wigs from Samsbeauty, Elevate Styles etc?  I got what  i paid for.  Strands sometimes handfuls of of hair all over the rug, the bathroom sink, the bathroom floor. My boyfriend was getting tired of vacuuming that up every week.Ouch
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2017 at 8:21am
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

Why am I wanting to purchase ANOTHER kinky straight unit, even though I've NEVER gotten one to work for me?????

if it isn't working for you try something different..do you
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2017 at 11:56am
Why am I wanting to purchase ANOTHER kinky straight unit, even though I've NEVER gotten one to work for me?????
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 4:56pm
My hair is making progress, but will never be what my lacefront wig is.  

I have to laugh.. I just wear a kinky straight beater lacefront wig to the gym..  These white guys, white girls, asians and Mexicans damn near lose their minds.  Staring, running you down, chasing me down in the locker room, coming up to touch.... it's ridiculous.

Unfortunately, i am usually the ONLY black woman in the gym over in here in Mexico/New Mexico.  The ones that DO show up?  No one even gives them a second glance.

They come in wearing waist length curly extensions,  dreadlocks, overweight, full face makeup, hardly any clothing, spandex tights, fancy fingernails, low cut tops.. Just like the other cultures.  And just like the other cultures?  The guys don't even look at them twice.

I walk my dumb a** into the gym wearing an oversized hoodie, XXXL tshirt, yoga pants and hiking boots.

I show nothing but my face... and if people stare too long? I pull my hood over it.  

Why.. all because i wear a damn wig.  They don't know it but i do..

and if i walked my butt up in there with this damn fuzzy bald spot on my right temple showing?  Folks would run the opposite direction.. believe me..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 02 2017 at 4:57pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 4:38pm
There is also something that's working called Hair Trigger Growth.. There is a difference in my hair texture when i use this ONLY on the scalp every day..  and as a pre-poo (from root to tip of hair) before my weekly wash.

I will say this elixir is very thick but after massaging into the scalp, you can feel it working.

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 02 2017 at 4:58pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 4:34pm
Every year, i have an annual hair fall.  Never fails..

The hair gods have made sure that it happens, and i can say with  absolute assurety, i can count on November 16th of every year that my hair will shed.. It reaches it peak of growth in the summer - i guess that's the Telogen phase, i forget.. and 3 months later? Boom..11/16..  Out if comes.

Last year, i decided to try a Profectiv Hair Product.. i figured, what the hell,  none of my home concoctions have been working.  I have 4c fine hair.  Well, when it's on my HEAD, i have 4c fine hair.

Profectiv is protein based.  Three months after using it the Temple Restorant, i noticed faster hair growth.  But what was even better?  My hair wasn't brittle..

I use their shampoo (Fresh Start), deep conditioner, and anti-breakage leave-in conditioner.

This past 11/16? i only had a 1/2 dollar size bald spot show up.  The bald patches that were coming in nicely, shed also?  But not as badly.  It's usually 2 - 3 palm sized shiny bald spots left behind every single year.  This also includes a shedding of eyelashes and eyebrows that's not very significant.  That's about 3/4 of my entire scalp gone within 1 week.  Alopecia Areata, i think.

Not this time.  The rest of the hair kept growing, and that one half dollar bald spot turned into fuzz about 1 week after the fallout.

Maybe there's something to this stuff..Approve

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic