Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Afro-Iranians: Those Big ForHeaded Twins w/Khloe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAfro-Iranians: Those Big ForHeaded Twins w/Khloe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afro-Iranians: Those Big ForHeaded Twins w/Khloe
    Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:19pm
did yall know this about them?

Malika and Khadijah Haqq

All the media buzz about Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy led me to thinking about the Kardashian sisters and their circles.  Then I remembered the beautiful black twin actresses Malika and Khadijah Haqq.  If their last name Haqq didn’t get you thinking about it’s origins, then maybe you thought they were just rich, pretty black girls who grew up with the Kardashians.  From what I understand, they appeared on Khloe’s reality show.  I have never watched the show and only know from media reports.  Turns out that Malika and Khadijah Haqq are Afro-Iranians.  They are not part of a biracial union.  These young women are 100% Iranian or Persian by blood if you will.  But being born in America, they are actually Americans.

Malika and Khadijah Haqq’s parents are immigrants from Khuzestan, Iran.  Most Afro-Iranians are Iranians of Sub-Saharan African descent. They are found mainly in the Iranian cities of Khuzestan, Sistan, Hormozagan and Baluchestan.  According to research done by Dash Harris and James Daniel Lopez, the Indian Ocean slave trade was the portal through which ancestors of most present day Afro-Iranians arrived.  Arabs captured and sold enslaved people to the Persian Gulf, Egypt, Arabia, the Far East, the Indian Ocean islands, Ethiopia and Somalia.

A documentary by Dr. Behnaz Mirzai entitled Afro-Iranian Lives provides fantastically researched details of the Afro-Iranian experience.  Dr. Mirzai also Afro Iranian immigrated to Canada in 1997 and began her research of Afro-Iranian History and culture.  I was impressed with the trailer.   Afro-Iranians have been a neglected group due to racism and the same Aryan principles held by folks the world over.   Los Angeles born Afro-Iranian Beeta Bahoolizadeh’s research deals with constructions of race and the transition from subject to citizen during the late Qajar period, particularly concerning the legacy of slavery and racism in Iran.  She penned an in depth article complete with pictures and videos in June 2012.

Enjoy the read as it is fascinating.  Back to Malika and Khadijah Haqq, their backgrounds qualifies them for consideration on Bravo Channel’s reality hit ”Shah’s of Sunset.  I wonder why we don’t see them there, not that I watch it anyways.  Maybe they are holding out for their own show, or better things like a life.  Khadijah is busy being wife to Philadelphia Eagles defensive end, Bobby McCray and mother to baby Christian.  And hopefully, Malika is concentrating on her own life and career.

Sponsored Links

Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:21pm
they have an araby looking nose..they must be mixed
loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:26pm

Africans are all over the globe.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:26pm
Interesting...

There are Black indigenous people literally eveywhere
Including America
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by loveandpeace1984 loveandpeace1984 wrote:

Africans are all over the globe.

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:31pm
whateves
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:33pm
i just wanna know where they get their weaves done tbh...
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:33pm
there are black people in india too...i'm just waiting for china to let slip of the black folks it aint showing
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:34pm
How interesting. When people talk about discrimination in Iran, it's always regarding the Kurds.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 12:36pm
I wonder if they speak Farsi or Arabic? I hope so.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic