Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Washington Wizard Jason Collins says he is Gay...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWashington Wizard Jason Collins says he is Gay...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Washington Wizard Jason Collins says he is Gay...
    Posted: May 03 2013 at 5:15pm
yeah me and my 17 year old gay cousin (who is an athelete) are NOT surrounded by gay people. It may not be a big deal to some, but to some others who are young(or any age really) and of the lgbt community, this is a big thing.
Sponsored Links

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 5:08pm
I think coming out the closet is a big deal... and being able to talk about it is like a weight being lifted off of your shoulders. I remember when I admitted to my friends and family that I liked girls and I felt so great. I didn't stop talking about it for dayssssss. We would be talking about soup and somehow I would talk about how much I liked girls lmao....So I just don't understand why can't he talk about his life? He's not doing anything wrong. Let him have his moment.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 5:04pm
Hopefully his appearance on tv will open eyes of other people who aren't there yet.

I know folks still living like he was in the closet, with a long time girlfriend, etc . Maybe his media tour will help some others who are dealing with it. Maybe some of my people's parents will see this guy on Oprah and open their heart a little bit so that their own son/daughter can talk openly to them. If he helps  1 person, I'm grateful.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

i'm sure the questions oprah plans on asking him are all very predictable. yeah, he was afraid of the backlash from his teammates, from his fiance, from the world. yeah, he's tired of living a double life. yeah, now he's feels totally free and liberated....great. 

what else is there to discuss? do you want a parade in your honor, homie? 

I think your at a place where your like "yea yea... gay people are just like everyone else! who doesn't know this? anything else on TV?"

But theres a ton of people who don't see it the same way.. They're people out their who think Gay people are this weird group of subhumans hell bent on destroying the world or something.

nail on the head withe the bolded. I'm surrounded by gay people in my workplace so I'm not moved in the least bit. 

I understand where you're coming from with the rest.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 4:55pm

i'm sure the questions oprah plans on asking him are all very predictable. yeah, he was afraid of the backlash from his teammates, from his fiance, from the world. yeah, he's tired of living a double life. yeah, now he's feels totally free and liberated....great. 

I think your at a place where your like "yea yea... gay people are just like everyone else! who doesn't know this? anything else on TV?"

But theres a ton of people who don't see it the same way.. They're people out their who think Gay people are this weird group of subhumans hell bent on destroying the world or something.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 4:53pm

LOL you're going kinda hard. i don't think it's a big deal that he's going to be interviewed, and hardly makes him fame whore status yet.  what you're saying can be said for anyone who sits down for an interview following making the news...people get interviewed when they make the news.

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 4:47pm

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

SMH....I wish he released the name of the church. Let them feel the shame for what they did.

me too. That's hub's home state.

Edited by PurpleHaze - May 03 2013 at 4:47pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 4:37pm
he told the world his business, now feels free to live the life he wants to live, what more does he want? gay folks are everywhere. i dont care. it just seems like he's being an attention whore at this point. 
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 4:34pm
That man was trapped in the closet 

First of all he was an athlete. Being an openly gay athlete. I'm pretty sure that was a no no
and can ruin team camaraderie. 

Cant do much when your poor so might aswell wait until your career is near the end and you stacked paper right.

Secondly he was trapped in a relationship. Women don't take rejection well. He couldve told her he was gay and she would've still been like " who is SHE??!!! " and being the stand up guy that he seems to be he didn't want to cheat on her

I applaud the brother. Go gay it up ... open the door... make it easy for some WNBA'ers to come out the closet straight.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic