FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monistat Sulfur SUPER GROWTH Challenge
    Posted: Oct 02 2015 at 2:26pm
I started using Liquid Gold oil and mn instead of my homemade sulfur oil. So far I like this combination
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 3:11pm
I'm natural so I just go to the salon to get my hair blown out. The shs has been replaced. My new stylist is awesome.

The trim earlier this month was a self trim. I used Moknowshair's method for trimming layers. Trust me if I could successfully blowdry and flatiron my own hair I would do it. Biweekly salon visits are not cheap. That's why I wig it for months at times...
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 10:58am
OMG that is horrible, Prettigurl! Why do you even go to the salon?  You can buy protein conditioners like ApHogee at the beauty supply. You can even trim your own hair and roller set or flat iron it. I'm guessing you go for the touchup?  I would have to completely chop that salon if they forcefully cut my hair off. I have not had anyone do anything to my hair for over 30 years. I even learned to do my own Senegalese twists on yt. 
Good luck with dealing with them. I think they are very contraindicated for growing hair unless you just need them for your touchup.

Edited by LadyAradia - May 28 2015 at 11:17am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 9:56am
LadyAradia I am a slow grower so I was pretty bummed about the trim. Then yesterday while visiting a new salon my stylist suggested another trim. Between my trim in October and this month that was a whole year of growth. Mn helps, but jeesh.

I will tell her at my next appt to just use protein treatments to keep my ends strong until my hair is long enough to trim. I refuse to go any shorter than apl.

Edited by prettigurl - May 28 2015 at 9:57am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 9:15am
Oh NO Prettigurl! I am so sorry to hear scissors touched your hair. I believe in keeping hair on life support instead of declaring it dead and cutting it.  I would put the tips on rollers to hide  uneven ends instead of cutting them personally. I am on #TeamNOScissors hard for the rest of the year at least. Do you know it can take some of us slow growers more than FOUR MONTHS to grow back one inch??? Oh NO!

Anyways,  I have been very lazy with my hair for what feels like 2 weeks.  I kept it in 2 pigtail braids and did not use mn even though it came in the mail already. I also did not moisten and oil my braids like I should have. As a result, I had to slowly work through more knots today than I would have had I taken better care over the past two weeks. So, I took them loose today, detangled, and finally applied my Monistat, homemade hairdrenalin oil and hairdrenalin-like tincture today. I will pull out my new kanekalon hair and try a new doo. I will French braid it in going upward from the nape and leave the ends loose twsted into a huge top knot with the added hair. 

I am making mine crazy long by  French braiding in the jumbo braid hair along with mine. I will leave the ends loose once I reach the top by putting on a scrunchy.  With that being the case, I won't need a donut for my buns. Rather  I will opt to pull out some of my hair sticks and ornaments instead.

Some days I might wear it hanging loose like a long, thick pony tail or top braid. I will see how that goes and maybe then take it loose and do a Frozen French braid going down and to one side again.  

I had gotten 2 bags of kanekalon that really match my hair color pretty well so I will try to take advantage of them and have fun with my hair in more interesting protective styles for a while Tongue

I will also try to stay focused and apply my growth aids at least twice or thrice a week from now on.

Good luck also with the rest of you ladies staying focused, on track and keeping your hair growth regimen fun and exciting!

Edited by LadyAradia - May 26 2015 at 1:37pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettigurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2015 at 12:10am
I trimmed an inch last week and my ends look great. I would like to grow back that inch within a month. I was able to get that kind of growth after my last trim, because I inverted daily for 5 minutes and I used mn every other day.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2015 at 2:52am
My next two boxes of generic Monistat have been here for about a week. I will go ahead and start back on my regimen with a vengance
sandyj05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandyj05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 7:42pm
I've been thinking about jumping on this bandwagon for awhile now. I'm finally gonna do it. I have MN 2% mixed with evco & jbco. I applied last Fri nite & again today. I'm wearing single brands right now so that makes it easier to apply. I'll probably keep it braided for a few more months.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2015 at 12:53pm
I posted many pages back that I had a small bald spot about the size of a dime from a car accident. It is gone now and has not come back at all. I am using about everyday sometimes along with a home made hairdrenalin. I take a few days off some times right after I cowash.
I will use thru July. That will be about the 4 month mark for me. Then I  have to stop the monistat after 4 months of use to avoid immunity. I may pick it up again in like Oct or Nov for another 4 months. During the time off of monistat, I will use my homemade hairdernalin,coffee,sulfur oil and a vodka based version made as a tincture in vodka not oil.

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 17 2015 at 1:00pm
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2015 at 10:10am
Those with alopecia doing this, any updates?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>
  Share Topic