Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Yall think the cruelty of slavery days are over..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedYall think the cruelty of slavery days are over..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yall think the cruelty of slavery days are over..
    Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by dee1672 dee1672 wrote:

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I need more details regarding the first murder and the murder while he was incarcerated. I too don't see how this remotely resembles slavery. I think that there are other labels and comparisons to incite an emotional or enraged response. Comparing this to slavery is not................
It's the first ignoring what is already written as law to make an exception because the perpertrator is black and the victim is white. God I can't believe I have to explain this after everything I've posted.

INEQUITY, IMBALANCE.

Why did he not get the death penalty for killing his black girlfriend? Are you guys all saying that you agree black lives mean less?

No wonder slavery existed.

I cant walk around angry all the time because of every perceived injustice towards black people. I take situations on a case by case basis. And I haven't said anything about anybody's life (black, red, white, etc.). There are plenty of people who have murdered multiple times and only got heavier sentences after the second murder. Of course, he received the heaviest sentence of all, death. Facts do matter. Maybe I missed them. I'll go back and re-read the thread. And im not even being factious.
perceived? its right there in print!
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I understand the outrage Patti. I think based on your other posts this week (directly related to slavery) and the title of the OP (Y'all think the cruelty of slavery days are over) people (well, I) came into the thread expecting lynching, murder of an innocent person, etc. If the thread said, "If you think inequality is dead" or "Another example of the racial disparity in the criminal justice system" the slavery references may not have been made. I agree with you though, Black men are treated the worst by our currently criminal code. It is disgusting, and we should do all we can to effect change in that regard.
ok i could have worded it better.
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:47pm

I need more details regarding the first murder and the murder while he was incarcerated. I too don't see how this remotely resembles slavery. I think that there are other labels and comparisons to incite an emotional or enraged response. Comparing this to slavery is not................
It's the first ignoring what is already written as law to make an exception because the perpertrator is black and the victim is white. God I can't believe I have to explain this after everything I've posted.

INEQUITY, IMBALANCE.

Why did he not get the death penalty for killing his black girlfriend? Are you guys all saying that you agree black lives mean less?

I cant walk around angry all the time because of every perceived injustice towards black people. I take situations on a case by case basis. And I haven't said anything about anybody's life (black, red, white, etc.). There are plenty of people who have murdered multiple times and only got heavier sentences after the second murder. Of course, he received the heaviest sentence of all, death. Facts do matter. Maybe I missed them. I'll go back and re-read the thread. And im not even being factious.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:45pm
I understand the outrage Patti. I think based on your other posts this week (directly related to slavery) and the title of the OP (Y'all think the cruelty of slavery days are over) people (well, I) came into the thread expecting lynching, murder of an innocent person, etc. If the thread said, "If you think inequality is dead" or "Another example of the racial disparity in the criminal justice system" the slavery references may not have been made. I agree with you though, Black men are treated the worst by our currently criminal code. It is disgusting, and we should do all we can to effect change in that regard.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:43pm
TBH I didn't even read the story.  I always get EXTRA salty towards White people during BHM(lol) and I've been ready to pull a Nat Turner lately.  I can't take anymore.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:31pm

INEQUITY, IMBALANCE.

Edited by pattigurlatl - Feb 12 2013 at 7:31pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:28pm

People failing to recognize that inequity in the legal system towards
blacks stems  from the same legal system that supported slavery is THE
worst insult to our heritage and ancestry EVER.

True...
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:17pm
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I always think of Clarence Thomas wasteful seat on the supreme court when I hear about stories like above . I think killing mentally Ill people only adds to the Serious Problem .

How has he been wasteful? I always wonder how much black people actually know about him when they make statements like this......

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:35pm
People failing to recognize that inequity in the legal system towards blacks stems  from the same legal system that supported slavery is THE worst insult to our heritage and ancestry EVER.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic