FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedPost partum update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 4.79  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lovelybrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post partum update
    Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 6:33am
Gooooorgeous baby boy. I read the post clutching my chest and with my legs firmly  together. I actually shouted at the computer because I was not expecting such detail. I have been feeling soooo broody recently. If I had just seen the photos of the precious baby (get's more handsome every photo... heartbreaker for sure!) I would have been broodier than ever.  I just go back to the first page.

Funny thing, all of my friend's babies are the clones of the fathers. Your husband has an uber cute 'mini me'.

Congrtulations on your beautiful family. I hope that you stay blessed, healthy and happy! xxxx
Sponsored Links

AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 6:08am
Cute baby!
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 6:00am
Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Aww, him chubby cheeks! 

That's good everything is getting back to normal for you. Since you pump your breast milk into a bottle now do you freeze any of your milk?

I sure do, otherwise my fridge would be filled with bottles. My rule is no more than 4 bottles in the fridge at a time. Anything I pump after that gets frozen in 4 oz portions in my trusty medela breast milk storage bags. I have been taking fenugreek (a herb that stimulates lactation) since he was 5 weeks and I have more milk than I know what to do with.

Claudie I am on it with the prenatals! I have been taking them as a multivitamin for over 7 years now.Tongue
I had a freezer full of milk too and used fenugreek. Whenever I would sweat it smelled like maypole syrup lol

I was wondering how many did you take? I take 3 capsules 3 times a day with a meal and drink a mug of milk maid tea overnight. I reserched fenugreek again recently and found out it's used to treat diabetes, high blood pressure and it's used as an appetite stimulant. Of course this a month and 20 lbs of weight gain laterDeadOuch--I have had a VORACIOUS appetite since I started taking it. No lie, I eat like a teenage boy.

I went off of it for three days and my appetite immediately went back to normal. The downside is my supply dropped. I went from pumping 4-8 ounces per session to pumping out 2-3 ounces per session. THAT was scary. So I started back taking it and within 16 hours, my supply was higher than ever and now I pump out 5-6.5 oz per session and 10.5 once a day (normally after sleeping 4-5 hours and pumping for the 1st time that day!)

I am so glad that my midwife recommends all new moms to take this herb. I didn't take her advice right away, he was 5 weeks, but I am so glad I did, because I think this is helping me to keep feeding him even though he is not on my breast. So he is drinking 4 oz 7-9 times a day and gaining nicely.

I am assuming weaning will be a breeze. I figure if i go off the fenugreek cold turkey again my milk will dry up immediately and hopefully I will not have to deal with painful engorgement as I go through the weaning process. I think my next update I will start a new thread. I will try and wait until he is 6 months, but I may be back sooner.Embarrassed

foxyroxy that is excellent advice. I have been "helping" my husband out since I was 6 days post partum--after my son took off part of my nipple. I am not going to act like I didn't resent him asking just hours after that ordeal, but I take filling my duties in that area very seriously especially since I was not up to traditional sex and am still not up to it. I wil be abstaining until the soreness in my clitoris goes away. I am not sure how being aroused would feel--I am assuming it would hurt to have the blood rush to that area since it is still tender.  I actually miss that part of my life and hope it is back to normal soon. I will be sure to mention my status there in my next update. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like he looks different in every pic, lol--same thing with vids. I am sorry I am over saturating this thread with pics, I can't help myselfLOL. Ok this is IT, promise. Hezekiah started cooing at 3 weeks and taking baby talk at 7 weeks;

mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 12:47am
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

You better not wait 6 months to have sex with you husband. If you don't get it together in 6 weeks please continue to see a doctor to help determine course of action. Intimacy with your husband should always be priority no matter how understanding your husband will try to be. RT.

foxyroxy you are right--I take care of himEmbarrassed

thank you velvet one and yardgirlTongueHeart
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 9:33pm
He's beautiful!! Congratulations to you and DH. I can't believe 10 wks has passed already
VelvetOne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 9:22pm
Ahhhhhhh!!! In 3 more weeks he is going to start talking that sweet baby talk that I love to hear when a baby reaches about 4 months. They get a whole new little personality...

I want to hold him he is such a sweetieSmileSmileSmileSmile.....

Enjoy and have fun with him Wifey....Clap
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:52pm
Congrats!
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:51pm
You better not wait 6 months to have sex with you husband. If you don't get it together in 6 weeks please continue to see a doctor to help determine course of action. Intimacy with your husband should always be priority no matter how understanding your husband will try to be. RT.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:36pm
Congrats to you and your beautiful family. I want a babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:11pm
Wow 10 weeks old! His features are starting to come in more and he looks like he took your facial features and daddy's skin colour and eyes. Genes are amazing and when you have a child you can never tell what you're gonna get! He's a beautiful boy...congrats to you and your hubby.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic