Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How are you Taking Care of Your Real Hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Browneyez242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browneyez242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How are you Taking Care of Your Real Hair
    Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 8:49pm
I usually only do cowashes or DC when i am wearing weaves. I use diluted creme of nature argan oil conditioner or queen helene cholesterol and let it sit without heat for about an hour sometimes more.  I also perform ACV rinses. Remember to rinse rinse rinse rinse to ensure all of the products are out..
After rinsing, I moisturise my hair underneath my weave with a homemade concoction of water, glycerin, suave coconut conditioner and olive oil using a spray bottle every other day. Sometimes i use braid spray or scurl if i have them..

I sit under my hooded dryer for maybe 30 mintues or more depending on how i am feeling... to ensure all my braids are dry i use a blow dryer on cool at my roots  
Sponsored Links

MsUnderstood28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsUnderstood28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 10:17am
My hair has grown tremendously since I stopped relaxing it every 2 and 3 months (this was way too harsh) and switched to every 6 months. I wear sew in weaves to help give my hair a break from heat and styling, and each time I wash and deep condition my sew in, I use Aphogee 2 minute protein treatment and aphogee restructurizer spray which has strengthened my hair and prevented damage in my leave out. My hair is 10 inches now,last year it was maybe 6 inches. Im so proud of my hair journey!
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:46pm
I usually wash my hair at least once a week and deep condition it.  I also make sure to oil my hair so that when I take down my weave, the braids just slip out of my hair without damage and the new growth is easier to comb. 

4ever214ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ever214ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:37pm
Thank You!
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 5:16pm
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/is-hair-more-likely-to-get-matted-under-a-weave_topic352860.html
My post is on the first page...

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/my-growth-with-sew-ins_topic349468.html
This is a member here who has done well under sew ins

There is a host of information if you go to google
4ever214ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ever214ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 4:15pm
Underneath the weave. I think I'm about to stop getting perms because I want my hair to grow out a bit, has anybody some tips on how they're keeping their hair thriving underneath the weave? Would someone share their regimen or tips? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic