BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Finding someone to do your sew ins

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding someone to do your sew ins
    Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:30am
Thanks guys, yeah it did seem fishy, so I won't be calling her back.

But I think I'm going to take the plunge at this salon. I've actually been to this salon before because a woman worked there, who was really good (She was recommended to me). This was a long time ago though and she no longer works there (I believe it's all new staff now). I'm kind of worried because there prices are cheaper than when that lady worked there years ago (well they're the same except on Tuesdays and Weds there 80$ and when the lady worked there they never had any deals like that so I feel like the only reason they'd have that is too make people come to their salon) 
Sponsored Links

teendancer88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendancer88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:31am
I've lost $$$ dealing with Craigslist. I'm not saying they're aren't any good reputable people but you take a chance. I've learned my lesson. OP where do you stay maybe a member knows someone in the area...

Edited by teendancer88 - Jan 04 2013 at 1:37am
Tokyocereza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tokyocereza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:10am
It can be difficult, especially if you aren't in a major metro. That's one of the reasons I started making u-parts and leaving it at that. It was rude of that stylist to not respond. If she's only capable of house calls, she needs to say so and incorporate that into her pricing. Not charge "extra". It was probably for the best she didn't respond though...it sounds fishy. 

darealtipwifey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darealtipwifey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 3:40am
She is a scam artist. Do not deal with her at all.
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 3:26am
Although, I know a lot of you ladies probably do your own installs, I will never be able to do that.
I'm in college, and honestly, I don't have much money. My sisters best friend usually charged me around 60 dollars If I remember correctly, it's been awhile. She's moved to another state, and so I need someone to do my hair. Since I knew her, she didn't charge me much. I know someone people who don't work in salons will do hair for much cheaper but I can't seem to find any. I looked on craigslist and there are these 2 women who I always see there. One of them, I didn't like the pictures of her work and the other I did. So I contacted her w/ the information she gave - her cellular phone. I don't remember if I called her first and there was no answer but I know we were texting and every time I mentioned about where she lives she wouldn't respond. We made a date and time and everything and she told me if she came to me, she'd charge extra so I told her I would come to her and she would not respond. It was awkward so I just left her alone. This was months ago and now she's still advertising herself on craigslist which makes no damn sense. How are you going to advertise yourself on craigslist and then not respond to people.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic