Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedVendors and Secrecy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
StellaGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vendors and Secrecy
    Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:27pm
Hey, ladies. I'm a longtime lurker (from way back in '07/'08), first time poster. I'm usually on LHCF but I recently decided to get into lace fronts/full lace wigs to help me overcome the APL to BSL hurdle.

My question to all of you is: what is up with the secrecy surrounding vendors? Anytime someone asks for a vendor for wefts or wigs, the thread goes 'look around', 'do a search', and if the poster is lucky, one person will come up with a name (without instructions for how to contact this person, mind you) and that's it. 

If the issue is a matter of repetition, why, on a board devoted to hair extensions, is there not a sticky with a list of reputable vendors of said extensions?  

If the issue is with people thinking 'if too many people find out about my vendor, the quality will go down'--when has this ever happened to make it a valid fear? 

If the issue is 'I don't want other people to look as good as me', it would be prudent to remember where our own hair was before we found the forums. I know for a fact that my hair was not living up to its potential before I found the hair boards and as such, I take it upon myself to pay it forward to newbies looking for the same guidance I was a few short years ago. 

The whole secrecy and drama aspect surrounding something as simple as pointing someone in the right direction is the main reason why I never post on BHM in the first place. I searched and found no answer directly to this question as addressed to the board and I'm curious about the response I'll receive. 
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:47pm
Type bandwagon in the search box and you'll see the reason why....
Prairieflower1960 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:53pm
I have wondered this also and I find it totally ridiculous.  IMO, who cares if someone else purchases a unit from the same vendor?  It may be the same hair, and could be the exact style, but will look different on each individual. SMH!  I get the majority of mine (CLW-66 Virgin Malaysian) from QDHairbeauty, but have also purchased (Virgin Indian) from Fine Lace Wigs and I get great quality units with both companies.  Now that wasn't as hard as people think, and if someone else purchases the exact same thing, it will still look as different on me as it does on 1,000 other people.Smile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:54pm
I searched 'bandwagon' and all I got was some sort of Mafia talk (??). 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:55pm
I completely agree. Makeup gurus on Youtube (even ones who aren't sponsored and are buying the cosmetics out of pocket) tell ALL their secrets and products. You can mimic their look but it won't be exactly the same. I really do not understand this secrecy thing. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:59pm
Go to advance search and search anytime and type in Anson. That was pure BANDWAGON from 1 person recommending the vendor. Everyone and their mama started ordering for him. He could'n't keep up with the demand and hence he started sending out crappy hair. Reviews went from 10 stars to 2 stars.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 8:05pm
Then he must wasn't that good or his company was small to keep up with supply and demand.  IMO still not a verifiable reason.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Prairieflower1960 Prairieflower1960 wrote:

Then he must wasn't that good or his company was small to keep up with supply and demand.  IMO still not a verifiable reason.

Agreed. And what about more large-scale vendors? If people want to keep individuals who hand make every wig to themselves, that's reasonable, but what about vendors with websites that even encourage orders of like 20 pieces? They obviously have the means to do lots of orders and keep up quality. 

Every time I'm about to place an order, I'm lucky to run into a thread that warns against a given vendor's customer service or product or what have you, where everyone throws in their bad experiences with the same vendor. Wouldn't a sticky with good vendors and known bad ones prevent people from continuing to patronize bad vendors? 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 8:47pm
I've heard some bad reviews about QD, but the first time I ordered I asked a lot of questions and the lady was very nice and answered all of them.  For me they are so helpful and want to make sure you receive exactly what you specified when placing the order.  I have purchased 4 units and they are all beautiful...even the one that's over a year old.Smile

lilmamabenz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:52pm
Quality of hair starts  to go down because of supply and demand... that's why people don't share.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic