BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Very little hair growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
CurlyGurl4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurl4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very little hair growth
    Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 10:34am
Actually that is not bad dear. Just be sure to keep is moisturized, Shea butter is great for that. Wear it in protectie styles also. You should consider taking Biotin. It works well. This is a great review on Biotin from youtube. You should check it out and see what you think about taking it. Good info in that video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNlQjN2aBE0
Shes also doing updates so you can see how its working so you can get a good idea if you want to start on the Biotin. Dont be frustrated, just take care and it will grow:)

Sponsored Links

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 3:05pm
very true because ppl buy my oil blends all the time lol. but they should stop being lazy... not that im complaining about my profits on it though lol

Originally posted by katakana89 katakana89 wrote:

Me too. That's what I was saying, it's pricey for an olive oil base and the rest of the ingredients can be found in my cabinet...but some people don't like mixing things, so...who knows. 

Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

it looks nice but it's a bit pricey for the ingredients. not to knock your hustle/advertisement of it.

i'd pay that much for something that had that but was emu oil/jojoba oil based with high end stuff like black seed oil and sesame oil and soy oil etc etc, but i have the ingredients of that oil blend already all at home

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by FloTresses FloTresses wrote:

That is your opinion but read the ingredients it is more than a little bit of oil. Hardly an ad its information. Its all about helping one another not telling people what they should and shouldn't post! 
LOL... Tongue
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 2:29pm
Good tips!

Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

((BIG HUG))

I live in cornrows/braids and your regi doesn't sound too bad to me.  Here are some things I do that maybe you can incorporate to help with retention:

-Keep your cornrows covered, it helps with moisture retention.
At home I rock a satin mens skull cap over my cornrows.  When I leave out I either put a wig, hat or headwrap over it.  Wearing the skull cap also helps to keep me from playing in my hair too much.

-Keep your hair stretched.
Wash, DC, dry and moisturize and seal in those cornrows.  Don't worry, your hair will be clean:)  This will also help to cut down on long, painful detangling sessions.  I don't allow it to shrink up when it's wet and it's dry when I refresh the cornrows or change it to another braid style.  It's also already clean and conditioned.

-Increase your DCing
I DC weekly.  You can add honey and EVOO to help with moisture or a few spoonfuls of yogurt, mayo or an egg to add some protein, since you want to keep it natural. 

-Increase your M&Sing
Like you, I use a water/oil mix to moisturize.  However, I seal afterwards with a little EVOO or Grapeseed oil.  During the colder months, I also like to incorporate Safflower oil for sealing.  I moisturize and seal twice per day - once in the morning and again before bed.  I immediately cover with my satin skull cap.  I also cowash or water rinse my hair in between my weekly wash and DC session.  Another way I moisturize is by rubbing in some of my condish and then sealing that in with an oil. 

I hope that you've found these tips to be helpful.  GL! :)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 2:28pm
It would be better if you gave actual information or advice on haircare instead of just advertising your product. A lot of people do that on these forms, nothing new, but gets annoying.  

That is your opinion but read the ingredients it is more than a little bit of oil. Hardly an ad its information. Its all about helping one another not telling people what they should and shouldn't post! 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 2:26pm
Me too. That's what I was saying, it's pricey for an olive oil base and the rest of the ingredients can be found in my cabinet...but some people don't like mixing things, so...who knows. 

Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

it looks nice but it's a bit pricey for the ingredients. not to knock your hustle/advertisement of it.

i'd pay that much for something that had that but was emu oil/jojoba oil based with high end stuff like black seed oil and sesame oil and soy oil etc etc, but i have the ingredients of that oil blend already all at home

Edited by katakana89 - Apr 11 2013 at 2:29pm
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 2:14pm

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 1:01pm
But $20 for some simple olive oil mixture? 

Not the time or place to be posting ads.

http://www.flourishingtresses.com - http://www.flourishingtresses.com
Just to let you ladies know that my company Flourishing Tresses LLC. is doing a free give away of a $15 gift card to try out our new natural hair care products. The products are formulated to work with all textures of hair whether your curly relaxed, straight, natural, or even texlax. We have sulfate free shampoos hair serums to increase the circulation and growth of your hair. Come check us out www.flourishingtresses.com. Have A Happy Heath Hair Journey!

Edited by katakana89 - Apr 11 2013 at 2:26pm
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2013 at 6:48pm
congrats!

remember to share what you changed/did so that others struggling with the same issue might get some helpful advice.

this site rocks!
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2013 at 3:34am
Go Amy , so glad for you girly come stop bsl sometime! Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic