Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Will the world end in 2012, like the Mayan Calenda
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will the world end in 2012, like the Mayan Calenda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will the world end in 2012, like the Mayan Calenda
    Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:04pm
Some people come from different backgrounds, so you never know what was taught to them or if they ever heard about it... I think I first came across the mayans calendar (history Channel, I believeEmbarrassed)  prob a couple of years ago.. I don't remember them teaching it in school...

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 15 2012 at 11:05pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 11:01pm
I had no idea What he first two pages were goin through...Jesus...Hella awkward.

my teacher taught us this in 4th grade so that was 1993 or 1994. We were learning about the Mayans. I remember thinking...I'll be 28 and old and married with kids by then so who cares...I'm only 1 out of 4. Ah naivety.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

This is your first time hearing about 2012 doomsday? lol where have you been?

And yeah...I thought this too...
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

People like to get worked up for no reason.  I remember how crazy people went during Y2K and now this.

This! In fact...the descendents of the Mayans are pissed that Guatemala is leveraging the fear of the end of the Mayan calendar to boost tourism. I guess it goes something like...visit Guatemala when the world ends...hang out where the ancient Mayans did!

But seriously...even when you dig into the Mayan calendar, you find that it has nothing to do with an apocalypse and more to do with them never finishing the calendar. And even if you try to claim that the calendar is accurate, it's been said that the Mayan calendar doesn't take into account leap years and daylight savings. So...technically, we've already passed the expiration date set by the Mayan calendar if you believe the doomsday theory.
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 10:18pm
SMH

The Mayan calender doesn't take in account leap years.

So technically the world should have ended last year, if that bullsh*t was true.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 10:18pm
older people don't know these things. 
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 10:10pm
Heck No.
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 9:41pm
nothing will happen. maybe another crazy white boy might shoot it up cause he's scared something might happen. i remember last year march, there was a guy in new york saying the world will end march 21st. he was on the radio, had a book, posters, had people handing out flyers and holding up posters. so many people killed themselves cause they thought it was tru. then march 22nd cameSleepy. so this mayan one is even more talked about and well known than that. I expect many suicides, many people killing their own family and kids, and i expect december 22nd to come.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 8:27pm
wanted to talk about "the end" for fun this week but now it seems like bad taste.  
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 7:29pm
... dang, who cares when she heard  it.. she was just asking for couple of thoughts about it... wow... lol

Anyways, I don't believe it. Only God know when the world will end.. Ouch
Am sorry for your loss, and hard times.. Hugs Hug

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 15 2012 at 7:35pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions