Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Alternative Lifestyle Choices/Philosophies...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 4.27  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative Lifestyle Choices/Philosophies...
    Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:58pm
Sorry, wrong thread LOL. Wow, I've never done that before LOL!

Edited by Organic - Dec 12 2012 at 10:58pm
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:45pm
the only think i think of when i think comic con is comic funk which my coworker told me is the smell of badussy in the air at this convention cause erry body and they momma is fvkking
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

I'm in the valley right now for school, but I'm originally from S.West LA.

BHM is such a small world. We probably know each other (or know some people in common anyway).

I grew up in Inglewood and then south la (literally in the neighborhood where Friday was filmed).

ORLY? I have fam that lives over that way, I dont think you're one of them though. You have too much senseStern Smile.

But we just might know the same people, LA is kind of a small world when you think about it. 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:39pm
BHM comic con meetup? I'm down if I'm in town. It's in July I think.

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:36pm

I really want to go to Comic Con. I say this sh*t every year, but I reeeeaaalllly want to go!!!! Even though San Diego is only 2hrs away, I dont have a car, I dont have money for the tickets, and I dont have money to cosplay or adequately get my fangirl onCry.

*le sigh* I'll get there one day. Actually, after that woc artwork thread, I'd only want to go if I can cosplay Rogue and have my boo cosplay as Gambit. Embarrassed

You're in la? Me toooooooo (well the valley).

BHM is such a small world. We probably know each other (or know some people in common anyway).

I grew up in Inglewood and then south la (literally in the neighborhood where Friday was filmed).

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I really want to go to Comic Con. I say this sh*t every year, but I reeeeaaalllly want to go!!!! Even though San Diego is only 2hrs away, I dont have a car, I dont have money for the tickets, and I dont have money to cosplay or adequately get my fangirl onCry.

*le sigh* I'll get there one day. Actually, after that woc artwork thread, I'd only want to go if I can cosplay Rogue and have my boo cosplay as Gambit. Embarrassed

Comic Con is pissing me off with its ticket system, swear fo god. -.- Acquiring a ticket is like some prestigious shat now because everyone goes to comic con to advertise. It's basically turning into E3.

If I somehow score passes to CC, I want us to meet up and we'll go together. Big smile

*composes self*
I accept your proposal, Midna.Stern Smile
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:34pm

Comic Con is pissing me off with its ticket system, swear fo god. -.- Acquiring a ticket is like some prestigious shat now because everyone goes to comic con to advertise. It's basically turning into E3.

If I somehow score passes to CC, I want us to meet up and we'll go together. Big smile

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

It's purple with a dark gold (kind of mustard gold) trim going throughout. I'm not sure exactly what style I want to go with yet. My parents bought the material when they were in India. I don't know if I want a traditional sari, a more modern take on one, or the salwar kameez style. In general I'm more of a dress/skirt person. But ideally, I'd like something that I can wear throughout the year, not just for special occasions.

Any places you know of I should look for style ideas?

Shocked

Here is a choli I have with those colours

If you are more of a dress and skirt kind of person, perhaps a lehenga choli would be a better choice. The 'skirt' portion can be worn alone (without the choli top and dupatta scarf). I sometimes wear a lehenga skirt with a tank top or tunic for a more casual look. 

Also, depending on the amount of fabric you have, you can make a longer, tunic style top to wear with the lehenga, which will also go nicely with jeans.

This is a very ornate lehenga choli, but the top can be made longer.

Oh, and if you have any fabric remaining, you can use it for pillows or a window treatment. 

OMG the material might literally be exactly the same as your choli. Like literally. How odd.

Yes I was thinking a long skirt (I love long skirts) that I could wear throughout the year. Maybe I'll just do a simple matching tunic top.

I think my sis can whip it up for me on her sewing machine. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:32pm

You're in la? Me toooooooo (well the valley).

rubynaturalprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:31pm
Nice thread/topic!!! Clap

For the most part most people I know are not to surprised when I mention the kind of life I desire to lead, but I do get a few Confused from time to time. I had an ex even tell me I would be better suited for a white guy because I was soo different. 

minimalist living/certain food diets/ anti-consumption/consumerism/ personal style

I really considered the thought of minimalist living but as of now I cant see that happening until I get my own space and my career jumpstarts.  I don't care too much for certain clothing labels and I dress according to comfort.

I was obsessed with the idea of getting trained to practice traditional medicine and I still am.  I also practice yoga and would love to learn how to grow my own food and eventually own a small farm and eventually go meatless. 

My parents are the same and dont find my ideas too wild.  My friends love me for who I am but I was teased alot in high school and in college. I wasn't too pressed to appeal to most of the guys there. The ones that understood me most were the exchange students LOL so dating was a bit rough. 

Religion- I was raised Catholic, most folks I meet look at me like Confused  when I say that. They automatically mention the priest-sexual abuse and how their church is better. I do find myself identifying as being more spiritual than religious which leaves a few folks confused when they ask me where is my home-church.  

Edited by rubynaturalprincess - Dec 12 2012 at 4:36pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>