BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lotion for winter use

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lotion for winter use
    Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by chrissypoo chrissypoo wrote:

Does anyone know a good place to purchase some natural whipped body butters with nice smells? I have unrefined shea butter at home but it's kind of difficult to apply to my entire body and I like nice smelling things. 

Tkoskin.com has some nice smelling smooth body butters, though some are overpriced
Sponsored Links

fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:34pm
when i use shea butter or oils, they tend to sit on top off my skin and i still feel dryness
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 3:32pm
Coconut oil mixed with herbal oil or olive oil is perfect for my skin, especially in winter weather
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 2:59pm
I've been using Shea Moisture Olive Oil & Green Tea lotion...love it, very moisturizing but it is so thick and it's hard to get out of the bottle.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

I use Nivea lotion mixed with olive oil but I need something for my face that won't make it look greasy. My nose peels a lot when its cold out. 

If you can find it, try Dermasil Oil Free Daily Retinol Facial Cream, sold so far at the Dollar Tree.  
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:26am
I use Nivea lotion mixed with olive oil but I need something for my face that won't make it look greasy. My nose peels a lot when its cold out. 
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:04am
You shouldn't use anything store bought unless it's a Shea Moisture product. Most of the chemicals in those products are drying. If they have sulfates, put it down.

I've had fantastic results with a mix of babbasu, jojoba, olive and marula oils.
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:44am
I use Nivea Extended Moisture mixed with coconut oil & vitamin E oil. Sometimes I also use a mixture of african shea butter. I heat the shea butter in the microwave to soften the texture, then I put in vitamin e oil, almond, oil, and palmers coco butter lotion.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Meh, judge if you want. If it makes you feel better, I wipe down inbetween days.

Washing every day in winter caused my skin to dry badly and even crack, even with the use of emollients.

Read about the protective barrier the skin makes and how over-washing can get rid of it and leave the skin vulnerable so I decided to wash every other day. Results gained.

Nothing wrong with that.  It makes sense if you have a skin condition or have a tendency to bathe in hot water.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:27am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Dermasil you can get it from the Dollar Tree

I can attest that this stuff is pretty damn good.  I thought it would be watery but it is rich without being greasy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic