Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow long does your weaves last?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Browneyez242 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long does your weaves last?
    Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 8:58pm
Since i started using using a net my weaves last longer. I am trying to keep this current install for at least 3 months...
Sponsored Links

MsYlilbit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:20pm
Thank you ladies I appreciate your help ladies. I use S-Curl as my Moisturizer. How Long do you give your hair a break in between your weaves? Teethatsall your hair is pretty and thick. I wish I had thicker hair. I use Organic Olivé oil replenishing conditoner.

Edited by MsYlilbit - Jan 08 2013 at 7:37pm
Lightangel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 4:01pm

I usually wear my installs for 3 months, I’ve hair that I used for over 2 years.

The quality of the hair and the status of my scalp dictates for how long I can keep the weave.

The longest I had a weave installed was 6 months.

My hair always thrives when I keep it protected under weaves… never had problems with tangling or thinning hair.

I keep my hair moisturized by using a conditioner & water spritz or S-curl no drip every other day.

HTH

Lightangel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by teethatsall teethatsall wrote:

Yea as long as you condition everytime you wash you'll be fine. Everyone has their own unique routine. I been wearing sew ins for over 2 years but I do give my hair time to rest. I got sew-ins to help grow my hair. Here's a pic of my hair growth in the last two years.
 Before After (Now)

Excellent hair growth and retention, congratulations Clap
Weaves are definitely working for you, your hair growth is a great motivation for me.
Thank you Hug
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:19pm
Well my hair has been lasting, I had Madira virgin hair that lasted 3 months, my second install was from Luvin hair products from aliexpress that lasted five months. It's is still good I have it stashed away. Currently I have in and on Malaysian curly it's been going good December 25th makes two months since I had it in.
teethatsall View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by MsYlilbit MsYlilbit wrote:

@Teethatsall how long do you keep your weave in? My hair hair has gotten thin, your hair looks so healthy.

I usually keep my sew-ins for minimum 3 months. My natural hair grows very fast so my braids lift within the 1st month in a half, as far as your hair being thin its a variety of ways to get some thickness to your hair within time...what type of key products do you use? ( example shampoo, conditioner, moisterizers, sheens, sprays etc)
MsYlilbit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:53pm
@Teethatsall how long do you keep your weave in? My hair hair has gotten thin, your hair looks so healthy.
teethatsall View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:53am
Yea as long as you condition everytime you wash you'll be fine. Everyone has their own unique routine. I been wearing sew ins for over 2 years but I do give my hair time to rest. I got sew-ins to help grow my hair. Here's a pic of my hair growth in the last two years.
 Before After (Now)
chidiva79 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by vanessaw vanessaw wrote:

I've had weaves that last really long, but I also had weaves that didn't even last a week.. The ones that I've been recently been purchasing from has been lasting very long, for about 5 months, and still going.. But I still have to wait and see..

I'm wondering how long does everyone's weaves last? And how much you paid?

My installs typically range between 100-150. As for how long it last...I normally keep them in from 9-11 weeks. Anything more than that is too long for my hair. My hair tends to grow about 1 1/2 inch during this time so I couldn't imagine keeping my install longer than 11 weeks. In addition, I have a lot of thick hair. I also wash my hair once a week which could impact how long I keep it up. It also depends on how tight they braid and sew.  I CANNOT take a tight install, for that purpose my installs tend to get a little loose around week 8. 

As for conditioning your hair...I usually use a color bottle (bottle w/ a small tip) and ALWAYS use leave in conditioner on my braids. I have seen tremendous growth and retained my length and thickness. 

Edited by chidiva79 - Dec 13 2012 at 1:12am
MsYlilbit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:41am
And how do you properly deep condition my natural hair with weave in it?
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic