Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Repost? Ten year old girl big chop!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repost? Ten year old girl big chop!
    Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 2:15am
MY mom cut of my damaged relaxed ends a lot as a child. 
Not BC but short enough. It was damaged, she told me it was the only way and that it would grow back. And it did. 

I love this young girl's spirit. She is so full of confidence, and I love that both of her parents are there in her life to support her through her changes. This is what happens when kids have their (good) parents in their lives. They raise mature, confident, and fresh spirited young people who grow up to be well balanced adults. 
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:29am
lol
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

black women hate short hair

We already look like men....short hair makes us look even more manly.

ouch, lol
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:06am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

We already look like men....short hair makes us look even more manly.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:55am
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:45pm
Shocked
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:20pm
What a sad thread.....
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

You're not missing anything, ITD. If more women had the confidence of this 10 year old, we wouldnt even be having this discussion. Im not even saying that to be shady, it's the cold hard truth. Shouldnt we be happy that someone so young was able to find confidence and self esteem that most of us didnt find until our adult lives? Confidence that a lot of us still havent found.

We cant be up on Black Hair Media, shouting about how we are not our hair, then side-eye a child who's truly about that life. 
Lamp

I guess she should wait until she's an adult sittin' around with adult busted hair (like a lot of us BHM members didStern Smile) before she can makes a healthy change? I joke but...lol

Self-confidence & sh*t ftw!
H0tg1rl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote H0tg1rl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:43am
I love It!!!
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:33am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by r0ck_starr r0ck_starr wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

If I'm not mistaken from what the girl said in the video she wasn't relaxed anyway. She was still natural the only reason she BC'd was from heat damage from her parents blow drying her hair.

Confused
Seriously? Then if thats the case, I need to to cut off all my hair too. Just plains stupid. She's a child that still has to go to school.

Kinda what i was thinking. Unnecessary IMO. There will be issues at shool. A ten year old shouldnt have to handle that kinda pressure if she doesnt have to. But if she can then kudos to her, i just dont think there wasnt another alternative. Just leave the hair and pamper it let it grow out. Meh,

don't you think that there is something more wrong with children thinking it's okay to bully or make fun of a peer because they have short hair? Isn't that the real issue or am I missing something? Since when do we teach children to give into peer pressure and societal pressure? I thought we were supposed to be doing the opposite and teach them to be confident in themselves and take care of their bodies?

My sentiments exactly. If ya'll care more about kids picking at her than her worry about the health of her hair maybe ya'll need to learn to have a little more self esteem. Obviously she's mature enough to handle kids picking on her if she made the decision to cut her hair instead of caring what others would think of what she's doing. If people learn to teach their kids how to be strong and hold up we wouldn't have this fear of worrying about what others think in the first place.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic