Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hair Direct opens new European office Dec. 6th.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Hair Direct opens new European office Dec. 6th.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Direct opens new European office Dec. 6th.
    Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 1:52pm
No, the Erwin Kupitz units are specifically called 'EHK units' i believe, i think some of the other units are from different ranges, i don't think he designed the entire JA Alternative range
Sponsored Links

lgylsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgylsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 3:41am
Crikey - just looked at the JA alternatives website and their "ethnic" video.  Maybe i was expecting more Ermm

Okay - time to knuckle down in 2013 and learn how to "Nip & Tuck".
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:12pm
Yes, but I would not care about getting the unit in 3 days. I would fine with a normal delivery time - I just want the quality. Smile

I will check out JA Alternatives. Thanks!
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 8:00pm
Lol!

Yeah the company is called JA Alternatives. I'm kind of skeptical after looking at their stuff again, i'm worried it's a case of 'let me slap my name on this!' from Erwin Kupitz (B's wig maker). The units do look great though.

Edit: I'm just reading this interview with him and he says: 

"In Hollywood, if one of my celebrity clients asks me for a blond wig to be ready in three days for example, they pay me generously for it.  Then they call me back and want another one in brown because they have the financial means."

I guess that's why we hear about B's wigs costing thousands and thousands, it's because of the quality you're paying for obviously, but mostly I'm guessing because of the exxxxtremely quick turn around time. If I had to create a B wig in 3 days, I'd probably be asking for £10,000 too. Probably more!

Edited by Wisney - Dec 27 2012 at 8:09pm
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

There was a white woman on another forum that had a High Definition unit and for her to have a nice hairline she had her unit made to be put behind her natural hairline and she was EXTREMELY unhappy with it. The pictures she showed just looked really bulky, it was nice hair but looked just like a skin top wig. You can't have a light density hairline on the unit because of the material they use for the base, so for a natural hairline you HAVE to wear it behind your own, but it doesn't transition properly at all.

Wow! Thanks for the input!  It is as I thought then - bulky - but I did not realize that you had to put the unit behond the hairline. This is not the lace front game at all. Shocked

It's an upgraded BSS wig with very good hair quality .. but as you know .. I only use light (70 - 80%) density and ...

The best units I've seen on this forum have been the ones that have laid the flattest, had the thinnest and most curvy hairlines and have had a much lighter scalp colour than the person's forehead. The lace has been cut back and the grids have been camouflaged or the silktop has been exactly the right colour. I think the rest is down to how you style it.

Yes, my big thing is the unit being flat on top and the part and hairline being thinned looking realistic - so those HDH wigs are not for me.

Well, I am not spending 3k anyway ... unless they can GRAFT a unit permanently onto my skull! hee hee!

In my opinion, Queen Beyoncé's wigs look so good because her hairlines look REAL and they're salon coloured and styled. If you've got the skills and put the effort and time in, I don't see why the same cannot be achieved by the lay man.

I know B's wig maker set up a wig making company (in China of course) where he supposedly taught them his own method of ventilation and you can order custom units from there. If I was ever to go high end, THAT is where I would wanna start.

Ahhh oh oh .. you KNOW of B's wig making company? Echt waar? (Really?) Do tell ... you can just send me a PM .. quietly...Wink

Edited by Becky - Dec 27 2012 at 7:13pm
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by lgylsen lgylsen wrote:

Thanks for the blunt speak Becky - you sound like my mother. Tongue

My sister has a fixation with New York so was going to factor that into the holiday.

I am in London - if its okay with you I will give you a pm.

Wow, no one has ever said I sounded like their mother - but it's possible. Wink

Well, if you are going to NY anyway ... I see your point. You may as well check out HDH - and see what they can do for you. Let us know.

London is only 30 minutes by air from Amsterdam - so if ever you want to pop over and go clubing or pub-hopping (after we discuss our applications) Wink - let me know!

Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:52pm
There was a white woman on another forum that had a High Definition unit and for her to have a nice hairline she had her unit made to be put behind her natural hairline and she was EXTREMELY unhappy with it. The pictures she showed just looked really bulky, it was nice hair but looked just like a skin top wig. You can't have a light density hairline on the unit because of the material they use for the base, so for a natural hairline you HAVE to wear it behind your own, but it doesn't transition properly at all.

The best units I've seen on this forum have been the ones that have laid the flattest, had the thinnest and most curvy hairlines and have had a much lighter scalp colour than the person's forehead. The lace has been cut back and the grids have been camouflaged or the silktop has been exactly the right colour. I think the rest is down to how you style it. In my opinion, Queen Beyoncé's wigs look so good because her hairlines look REAL and they're salon coloured and styled. If you've got the skills and put the effort and time in, I don't see why the same cannot be achieved by the lay man.

I know B's wig maker set up a wig making company (in China of course) where he supposedly taught them his own method of ventilation and you can order custom units from there. If I was ever to go high end, THAT is where I would wanna start.
lgylsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgylsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:03am
Thanks for the blunt speak Becky - you sound like my mother. Tongue

My sister has a fixation with New York so was going to factor that into the holiday.

I am in London - if its okay with you I will give you a pm.

Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:39am
Originally posted by lgylsen lgylsen wrote:

Hi Becky

Thanks for the input.  Looking at Hair Directs website and reading their forum, it does become apparent that they lack the expertise to pull in the black market.

I am off to America later this year, and have spoken to the people at High Definition hair, and have told them about my concerns in regards to hairline and they have said that is something they can work on as I do like to pull my hair back and i will not have it looking like a hat Dead

Both of these companies prices run into the thousands for each wig which is fine with me.  I am bald and like realistic looking lace wigs, but am terribly lazy (hate bleaching, tweaking etc).

I am hoping that one of these companies will work out, as I have not bought any wigs in the last year or so as I do not have a regular vendor anymore, and alot of them seem a bit hit or miss.

Blimey, this is tiring sometimes....

Well, a lot of members here are bald or have medical hair loss etc and they need realistic units well - so this is not unusal. A lot of members here have a head of hair .. and they want a realistic unit as well. Wink

I reaaaaally encourage you to read the threads and do the research and get over being tired of it because flying to American costs money and buying 1 or 2 of those units for thousands each ...umm seems a tremendous waste of money just because you don't want to invest the time in tweaking a unit from CV for 250. That's a huge difference in cost.

And like I said the HDH units ...don't really look realistic they look over the top. Sorry, but I think if HDH had the capacity to create a realitic hairline - they would have such hairlines on their website. I think in the end if you are gonna have to spend time on the expensive unit yourself for it to look good.Confused

In my experience these companies that promise you the world are in business to make money off you and convince you that it looks good but ultimately .. no one is willing to put the time and energy into making your head look good as you would. It's your head.

Note - It is only the START UP that cost so much of your time. My applications take exactly 10 minutes now. I whittled it down from the 2 hours I needed in the beginning.Wink

Feel free to PM me. I moved to The Netherlands years ago. I am not sure were you are based in Europe - but we could meet for a drink in Amsterdam and I could share my tips. Tongue 

Edited by Becky - Dec 26 2012 at 8:49am
lgylsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgylsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:33am
Hi Becky

Thanks for the input.  Looking at Hair Directs website and reading their forum, it does become apparent that they lack the expertise to pull in the black market.

I am off to America later this year, and have spoken to the people at High Definition hair, and have told them about my concerns in regards to hairline and they have said that is something they can work on as I do like to pull my hair back and i will not have it looking like a hat Dead

Both of these companies prices run into the thousands for each wig which is fine with me.  I am bald and like realistic looking lace wigs, but am terribly lazy (hate bleaching, tweaking etc).

I am hoping that one of these companies will work out, as I have not bought any wigs in the last year or so as I do not have a regular vendor anymore, and alot of them seem a bit hit or miss.

Blimey, this is tiring sometimes....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>