Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Things bad braiders do...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things bad braiders do...
    Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 5:42pm
I hate when braiders pull your hair so tight it damn near rips the hair out right from the root. My widow's peak has never been the same since this one chick prided my hair and almost ripped it out!
Sponsored Links

growlonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:40am
Originally posted by scorpion1585 scorpion1585 wrote:

i just read the first page n it is freaky. I thought they only do this in my country but i didn't imagine u have such things in US and Europe
I braid my hair alone and it is growing. I once grew my hair by braiding to the waist level, this is my goal for this year too cus i lost all that length

IMO Europe is the worst. If you live in a non English speaking country & one that did not colonize any African countries (or black people) , chances are Africans in said country are uneducated, dont speak the language & are on minimum wage. And when they open hair salons its atrocious. We have a lady here with a salon. She has two  broken chairs, no mirror, its dirty & it smells . She uses regular needles for weave not the special ones without the sharp edgeAngry. She normally works by herself. But during Christmas etc it gets busy & she has two other women helping her and they all bring their kids to work and they have 5 kids eachAngryDead. It's the worst salon I have ever seen.

scorpion1585 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpion1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 4:27am
i just read the first page n it is freaky. I thought they only do this in my country but i didn't imagine u have such things in US and Europe
I braid my hair alone and it is growing. I once grew my hair by braiding to the waist level, this is my goal for this year too cus i lost all that length
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 9:02pm
This is my personal grievance but I hate it when the braider would put the hair in their mouth to do whatever.  Either to prep the hair for the extension or hold it while they twist.
BeanieBabiesMommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeanieBabiesMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 6:10pm
Dead
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 9:05pm
okay....

Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BeanieBabiesMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

sorry lady,

but i'm not putting up with or holding anyone's kid while getting my hair done. 

I and other ladies who work with children or have children wouldn't put up with this non-sense.. if you can't afford a baby sitter - then you shouldn't have kids.. or wait until the business is booming to have them.

What would i look like walking in to see my patients - and have them holding my kid while i'm treating them?  Tell them "You have kids, you should understand?"

This is just another one of the many reasons i stopped going to braid salons:

the phone calls,  (cell phone) over our heads..

loud T.V.'s to keep the clientele occupied

beauticians showing up late, in house slippers - sometimes robes..

or eating food over our heads,  (specifically PopEye's chicken)..

having conversation with neighbors (over our heads),

errant vendors coming in selling sweet potato pies, bootleg perfume, cheap clothing or DVD's. - over our heads..

kids running around the shop,

attitude when someone points out flaws in a beauticians work..

and to land a kid in a customer's lap? 

sorry, that's just ghetto..

I've never been called "ghetto" before so I don't know how to handle that comment but I am So DAMN happy I had my son despite the fact that I can't "afford" a sitter.

Like I said , thank god my clients are understanding!

every one has to start from the bottom to get to the top.

They wont be holding my Baby for ever!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:32pm
sorry lady,

but i'm not putting up with or holding anyone's kid while getting my hair done. 

I and other ladies who work with children or have children wouldn't put up with this non-sense.. if you can't afford a baby sitter - then you shouldn't have kids.. or wait until the business is booming to have them.

What would i look like walking in to see my patients - and have them holding my kid while i'm treating them?  Tell them "You have kids, you should understand?"

This is just another one of the many reasons i stopped going to braid salons:

the phone calls,  (cell phone) over our heads..

loud T.V.'s to keep the clientele occupied

beauticians showing up late, in house slippers - sometimes robes..

or eating food over our heads,  (specifically PopEye's chicken)..

having conversation with neighbors (over our heads),

errant vendors coming in selling sweet potato pies, bootleg perfume, cheap clothing or DVD's. - over our heads..

kids running around the shop,

attitude when someone points out flaws in a beauticians work..

and to land a kid in a customer's lap? 

sorry, that's just ghetto..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 04 2014 at 4:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeanieBabiesMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 7:58am
I braid my own hair because I hate paying people to do my hair and it doesnt turn out the way I had hope for or the way it looked like in the picture i showed them.

i never rip out someones real hair when I braid their hair and as far as cleaning I will cut the extra hair thats sticking out but your hair is braided into the braid.

and burning to make it look clean?

that should only be done at the tippy tip part of the braid not where y our actual hair is! omg you poor girls that have gone through this , smh

and I do hair while I have my son. lucky for me all my clients have kids so their understanding when my kid just wants to be held so they hold him for me or entertain him while i do their hair.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 10:37pm
when you walk in the shop looking like an african american, and after they've tightly braided your hair -  you come out of the shop  looking "Bl-Asian"..

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 30 2013 at 10:38pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System