Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 82>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HARDCore Protective Style Challenge - Part Deux
    Posted: Oct 23 2014 at 7:16pm
Loving my hair out of the braids..I have been using Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle and olive oil. I just co-wash and add the product, finger comb through my hair real good and go. When it is time to go to bed, I put 4 flat twists in my hair and go to sleep and in the morning take out the twists and finger comb. I may spritz with some water to reactivate the product so I don't need to add more product to my hair. Looovveee it. So I'll rock it like this for a couple of months..thank goodness for SD summer-like weather in the fall. I may flat iron at the first of the year and rock it straight until late-spring.

Edited by khivey - Oct 23 2014 at 7:17pm
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2014 at 11:02pm
Took my braids out on Friday and have been doing a wash and go over the weekend. I'm thinking of giving my hair a rest from the braids for the rest of the month.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by SunshineDiva SunshineDiva wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

I never stopped the challenge haha..been rocking my braids faithfully for 2.5 years. But I think I am going to start getting bi-monthly flat irons between Nov-Apr and rock braids Apr-Oct.

What progress have you seen keeping your braids in for that long?

Retention and it is evening up (my crown was shorter than the rest of my hair, so it lacked fullness) and my hair is fuller. My ends rarely need to be trimmed and although I don't think it has grown a lot, it has gotten a lot longer. I'm a slow grower. But it is definitely thicker than before! 
SunshineDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

I never stopped the challenge haha..been rocking my braids faithfully for 2.5 years. But I think I am going to start getting bi-monthly flat irons between Nov-Apr and rock braids Apr-Oct.

What progress have you seen keeping your braids in for that long?
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 3:29pm
SunshineDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2014 at 10:21pm
is there a new challenge starting soon

cutetyra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutetyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 5:58pm
Is this challenge still open? I am interested in joining!!! 
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 10:17am
Took down my hair on Saturday...rocked it because it looked so cute fresh out of being in braids for 3 weeks..got weave checked a few times lol. Washed it yesterday and decided to coil it versus braiding just to give it a break for a week or so. We'll see how long these coils last:)
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:17pm
Good Luck. I was thinking of doing some Senegalese Twists as well for my Bday coming up and also a nice change of pace. I just need to find some lite weight hair, I'm not about that heavy styles.
scorpion1585 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpion1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 6:57am
good luck
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 82>
  Share Topic