Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Job offer rescinded- Bad Credit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Job offer rescinded- Bad Credit
    Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 2:12am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Why are you so worried about credit?
You plan on buying a house tomorrow?

No, but you need it for renting apartments, and opening credit cards...

I have an apartment now but I loathe paying a big extra deposit for lack of credit

Model do you work fulltime or at least 25 hours a week? Open up a checking account in your name, this does give you a little something to work with, if you do not already have one. Then try one of the department stores many times they are more eager to hand out more credit cards during the busy seasons because they want you to shop. Of course only purchase something small that cost $25. You may be able to find a store  that will give you a credit card with a small limit. I am surprised about your car ordeal, you see lots of places advertise that your job is your credit, but oh well.

To the OP sorry this happens to you, as many others have said, keep trying you will be blessed. I worked in human resources for almost 17 years, and when we wanted to change an offer or not hire someone we would start the process of elimination by doing a series of things and one of them was going through credit reports. People would be surprised what goes on behind closed hiring doors. What you are told to do. Sometimes a person will make a hiring decision and the big people do not like it, so they have to think of ways to resend the offer. Not saying this is your case....I have also seen so many exceptions made for "other" regardless of their credit score or job references, but that is how it goes....May your credit improve and may you blessed with funds to clean it up, check it good first, because there are lots of mistakes on credit reports.
Sponsored Links

kalenjin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 2:10am
Op, sorry u r going through this.

Lots of good advice here. Get ur three reports. Write settlement letters to those with the highest debts and make sure you clearly state that you want the debt removed from your history or marked as paid off. If you can get the top three settled and out that will improve ur score
Go on the credit boards and research building your credit in the interim via other means you can, there r other options that u can use now ad you settle the big debts. For the small, pay anything off that you can to get those removed

Good luck!
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I think what's fcking me up is the fact that I have so many credit inquiries now because I've been trying so much...

this whole system is ish

yeah i bought a car in 06 and didnt know about inquiries and how they impact your credit. well i got the car and then i tried to lease this place and got denied because i had too many inquiries!! make sure you educate yourself on everything credit related. im still learning helpful info.

yep the more you try to get approved, the more it stops you from getting approved

damn inquiries...i don't understand the point for that either
back in college, I was told that all those inquires only count as one hit if they are close to each other. Not sure how true that is though.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:15pm
ur welcome
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:09pm
it's almost funny when u look at all these contradicting rules regarding credit.  Having no credit is bad so u can't get credit.  Having bad credit is bad so u can't get a job that would help u fix your credit.  Having inquiries on your credit is bad so you can't get credit because people are asking about your credit. I swear it's set up so that u have a higher chance at failing. 

smh.

Even if u start off good don't let u get sick and have to stay in the hospital more than a week.   If u ain't got enough savings or any family to come save you.....you can forget it. 
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:53pm

Ooh okk

Thanks bunny, you've been very helpful

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:41pm

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

yeah its a prepaid

I thought prepaids don't help credit?

suze's does after a couple yrs.  She has a deal with Trans Union
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:39pm

sorry OP to hijack your thread lol

I originally thought of going with a secured card, but a very helpful lady at a dealership told me while a secured card helps, it doesn't help with big purchases..And you will probably still be declined

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

yeah its a prepaid

I thought prepaids don't help credit?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I think what's fcking me up is the fact that I have so many credit inquiries now because I've been trying so much...

this whole system is ish

yeah i bought a car in 06 and didnt know about inquiries and how they impact your credit. well i got the car and then i tried to lease this place and got denied because i had too many inquiries!! make sure you educate yourself on everything credit related. im still learning helpful info.

yep the more you try to get approved, the more it stops you from getting approved

damn inquiries...i don't understand the point for that either
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System