Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Businesses React to Affordable Health Care
    Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 11:05pm
I have never seen the inhabitants of a country legally behave so ugly under any other president than Obama. It is absolutely ridiculous to punish innocent citizens because you do not like who is in charge. There is a reason why he is in charge and these business owners aren't. The fact that they would abuse their own power to punish American citizens is disgusting and this should be illegal.

Sponsored Links

Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 10:42pm
Lol. i know basic economics, thats why i'm not up in arms about them raising costs.
i don't even support any of these businesses. 

but you guys need to stop depending on the news media or the government to tell you what a basic high school education should is all. 

*shrug*
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 10:24pm
what imma need ya'll to do......every business that's using this as an excuse .....boycott.  And tell your friends to boycott too.

smh.  They gone play up the "it's gone cost more" angle 'cause they know that in this day of high unemployment, low wages and most jobs moving overseas...the average person only have to hear that it's gone cost more to get up in arms without knowing how much it's actually going up.  They are not going to know that "costing more" is going to be in most cases less than 1 dollar.

smh.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

So....are all of the racists, bigots, sexists and heads of evil corporations gonna kill themselves now that he's re-elected?

I mean, I wouldnt mind if they didStern Smile

Please let them kill themselves.  Please let it be white menz falling from the skies like it's 1929.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 9:34pm
Are we surprised? lol
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 9:33pm
the tax credit thing isn't applicable to the mandate of the 50 or more rule... 
  but either way tax credits of 50 percent don't cover costs, they just cushion the blow. 

so it will impact them, in a way that their increase in prices, or decrease in wages makes sense. 

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 7:09pm

from forbes:

Tax Credits
By providing healthcare to employees, there are between 1.4 and 4 million businesses with fewer than 25 employees and average salaries of $50,000 or less that are already eligible for tax credits of up to 35 percent.  After January 1, 2014, the credit increases to 50 percent and will be available for any two consecutive years.

The 80% Rule

Since 2011, insurance companies have been required to spend at least 80 cents of every dollar on medical care and not administrative costs — or refund the difference. And it works — in California, for example, 4,400 companies received $3.5 million in refunds from insurance company UnitedHealth in June this year alone.

Size matters

Companies with fewer than 50 employees do not have to provide insurance, but the new law will make it easier and cheaper if they do.

Businesses with 50 or more employees must provide health insurance or pay a penalty. If the business fails to comply, the penalty is $2,000 for each full-time employee (with a 30-employee deduction.) Additionally, if the coverage offered is too expensive (defined as costing more than 9.5 percent of the employee’s household income), the penalty is $3,000 per employee who must buy insurance with a government subsidy. However, only 200,000 small businesses will be affected by these changes because over 96 percent of small businesses fall below the 50-employee threshold.

Companies with up to 100 employees can benefit from the option of buying lower cost health insurance through employer-only exchanges, also set up by each state. This might also reduce costs for smaller firms if they add their employees to a much larger pool of insurance customers.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Nov 18 2012 at 7:10pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 7:01pm
Denny's must like gettin boycotted.

Whatever. We need to start petitioning our Congress people to impose a penalty directly onto CEOs that do this. Greedy ass mutha phuckas.

And Papa John's pizza stillllll gon suck big sweaty monkey balls.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 6:33pm
I'm curious as to the salary of Mr Papa John. My guess is that he isn't going to make a dent in his salary even if it means providing healthcare for his workers.

And even if he has to raise prices, what is 11 cents?

Greedy azz rich people get on my nerves. Its not enough to have the lion's share, they want everything.
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

it will raise their costs. Confused
why wouldn't it? thats just basic economics. 

it has to happen. someone has to bear the costs

jr.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic