Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would you go (regularly) to a natural hair salon?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would you go (regularly) to a natural hair salon?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Elegantmary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elegantmary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you go (regularly) to a natural hair salon?
    Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 9:49pm
I also don't go the salon regularly. They often made me disappointed, and I can't get my ideal hairstyle.  Now I just cut my bang myself. Anyone just have some simple ways to care hair...
Sponsored Links

PrettyEyez82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettyEyez82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 6:29pm
I would go for a much needed trim or conditioning treatment maybe 2x a year.

Other than that, no. My home is my natural hair salon, and I am the master stylist
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 11:11am
i would go if the salon owner and stylist knew more about hair care than i do...not just more about hair styling.  

once that happens, i might, just might go...especially, if i wanted to flat iron my hair. 

otherwise, no...my twisting technique is far better than most stylists.  and i am 100% happy with the products i use on my hair from the shampoo to the twisting....
butterfly3582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly3582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by RoxieDream RoxieDream wrote:

Oh there are lots of educated hair stylists, at least here in Atlanta. I'd just rather put my $60+ elsewhere than in someone's pockets for doing what I could do.

Besides, I sweat from working out so much that going to the hair salon is pointless.

This is me.  I did consider it when i did my 3rd BC (broke down and relaxed after my baby).  But I agree they are way overpriced.  And im frequently co washing because of working out etc.  I just cant justify it either.

shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 10:31am
Butta Cookie- Wow!! She sounds like a great find. That's unusual. I guess it just underscores the fact that the level of service and price really depend on the stylist, even though in general its sounding like ppl's experience of natural stylists aren't too good. You just have to find the right one, but that can be hard to do without trial and error, and who wants to go through that? lol. But I'm glad you have someone that works for you. I wish I could try her. Where exactly is Butta's Bakery? lol

Wanderlust- awww you know my posts! I'm kinda touched that someone knows me Embarrassed. But yeah, I think the komaza protein treatment is probably stronger, I mean it's nothing but protein!! But I am a little scared. It looks like it may be TOO hardcore for me, since I'm new to experimenting with protein. I'm not sure I really liked the aphogee 2 step though. I'm gonna try it again, and then consider something else if i dont get the desired results. I'm pleased with the komaza products I've tried, the ingredients are great. I just repurchased the califia spray, it's great for moisture and detangling.  As far as cutting more hair, I'll probably have to at some point to get rid of the raggediness. The splits are just eventually gonna break. Right now I'm between installs, but  right now I'm doing braids long term to avoid aggravation by manipulation.
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 9:23am
I still go to my stylist every 2 weeks. She only charges $35 for a wash, deep condition and style. And I'm in and out in about a hour. I haven't dealt with that other mess (folks coming to hang out, her on the phone, etc) since I started going to her. She convinced me to stop getting a relaxer and ever since then my hair has been healthy and long (until I wanted it cut). I love my stylist!
wanderlust87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderlust87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 8:50am
Originally posted by shortnsweet08 shortnsweet08 wrote:

Wanderlust- LOL yes!! But it's been sold out since I don't know how long. It's been about 3 months. There's a long thread about it on LHCF, and I think a lot of people caught on to it and ordered it, so Komaza is overwhelmed with everyone's orders. I've been checking regularly to see if it's back in stock, it has to be back SOME day.
I want someone to figure it out for me.LOL I feel like I've been at this for too long. I feel like I've tried everything, and I still have this CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored breakage.

I read that LHCF thread because last month you started a thread about the Komaza protein ingredients vs Aphogee's.   The reviews and results were very interesting.  I forgot the analysis service is sold out.

After reading your thread with the protein ingredients & browsing the co website I decided I'll probably buy the Komaza protein once I finish my 2 step.  My hair responds well to hard protein txs. I realize I need to use it more often. 

Do you foresee cutting more hair in the near future?  I hope you find your hair fix/solution.  
KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by PinkIsPowerful PinkIsPowerful wrote:

Yes!  It is amazing how women would spend hundreds when they were wearing relaxers and weaves, but will not spend $60 or $80 on professional natural hair care...  I just don't get our people...Unhappy

I wouldn't spend anything over 30 on my hair when I was relaxed, I'm def not gonna do it now, now that I know how to properly take care of my hair so im not willing to spend 60-80 dollars on services that I can do faster and the way I like it...there are other ways to keep money in "our" pocket
shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortnsweet08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:38pm
Wanderlust- LOL yes!! But it's been sold out since I don't know how long. It's been about 3 months. There's a long thread about it on LHCF, and I think a lot of people caught on to it and ordered it, so Komaza is overwhelmed with everyone's orders. I've been checking regularly to see if it's back in stock, it has to be back SOME day.
I want someone to figure it out for me.LOL I feel like I've been at this for too long. I feel like I've tried everything, and I still have this CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored breakage.
wanderlust87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderlust87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:50pm
^^very very nice.  Can you do my hair?? LOL   

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style