Smokey Eye for Round/Prominent Eyes?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smokey Eye for Round/Prominent Eyes?
    Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:04pm
#teambugeyes

Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SoFrolushes SoFrolushes wrote:

BeatfaceHoney on youtube has prominent eyes and she does amazing looks including smokey eyes - worth checking her channel out

I just subscribed to her a few weeks ago
SoFrolushes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoFrolushes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 12:23pm
BeatfaceHoney on youtube has prominent eyes and she does amazing looks including smokey eyes - worth checking her channel out
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:14am
that is a really nice eye.... i def want to try it
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 1:43pm
I love you.. SO MUCH!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 7:33pm
This is also a great look and she even explains a tiny bit how  winging liner, darker color on the outer corner elongates the eyes

bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 7:30pm
They key is to make the eyes appear wider/longer. IMO concentrating darker colors on the lid only accentuate the roundness of the eye. Focusing the darker colors on the outer corner/outter crease and winging it out a tiny bit exaggerates the length of the eye and not the roundness. I have the largest bedroom that are physically possible to have on a human being lmfao and this works perfectly for me. This is what I do and any color combo will almost work with it. Also make sure to use demi wispy/graduated length type lashes to also makes the eyes longer. Works perfectly for me.

msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 6:53pm

i have big eyes belive it or not,  but mine a a lil almond shaped. I have a lot of lid that doesnt really crease or retract fully at the socket /brow bone, but creases midway on the mobile lid when i blink.. & its pretty difficult for me to do a smokey anything without looking like someone socked me. When I do try it , im just sure to not extend the darkest color too far up my lid.

msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 6:46pm
http://1000swatches.blogspot.com/2010/10/smokey-eye-for-big-eyes.html ;)
http://kouturekiss.com/makeup/eyes  <--- nice ones on here

Edited by msjaim2 - Nov 15 2012 at 6:49pm
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 6:04am
Is it just me or is finding info on how to do a good smokey eye on roundish/prominent eyes rather hard?

I'd love to do a dramatic and dark smokey eye but often when I do it, it just doesn't look right. So when I turn to the internet for info- specifically youtube, I find there is a strange lack of solid info on getting a dark smokey eye right for round/big/prominent eyes! Cry

Anyone have tips, links, videos they're willing to share?

I don't have any damn anime eyes, but sheesh! The lack of info and documentation is irking!

Here are examples of prominent eyes on celebrities.

Edited by Midna - Nov 15 2012 at 6:11am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Nor-ahs Unique Blends
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic