Are retail workers justified in being upset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are retail workers justified in being upset
    Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

My husband and I work for the same hospital.  He works Thanksgiving, I got the day off.  You have to know what you're signing up for.  Don't want to work holidays?  Work at a doctors' office.  It does completely suck but you can't expect a hospital to stop running or a retailer not to capitalize on a lucrative holiday.

That's what Black Friday is for. It's expected that, when you work in retail, you're most likely gonna work on the days before and after major holidays, not on the actual holidays. That's where the issue comes from. People get sick and get hurt and have babies on holidays, so it's necessary for hospitals to be open. It's not necessary for these retailers to be opening 9pm on Thanksgiving night. A $200 no-name 40-inch TV isnt something that anyone needs in their lives. If they opened early Friday morning, they'd make the same amount of money.
Sponsored Links

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:57pm
My husband and I work for the same hospital.  He works Thanksgiving, I got the day off.  You have to know what you're signing up for.  Don't want to work holidays?  Work at a doctors' office.  It does completely suck but you can't expect a hospital to stop running or a retailer not to capitalize on a lucrative holiday.
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:53pm
Greedy
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:49pm
Thanksgiving is a bullshyt holiday anyway.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:46pm
maybe they should officially change Black Friday to Black Saturday.  i would be really mad if i missed thanksgiving dinner and died in a stampede at Target.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:42pm
hmm

This Black Friday, give the best gift of all: your support to those who are struggling for a more equitable world.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Nov 17 2012 at 8:08pm
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote r0ck_starr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine wrote:

Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

who shops on thanksgiving?
You would be surprised. Folks will eat dinner and then go to Best Buy...some folks skipped dinner last year to get in line at Best Buy...and this was just getting in line waiting for doors to open...not actually shopping. A line formed at noon on Thanksgiving. smh.

Some people don't live. They're just consumer robots. Buying loads crap that is 85 percent of the time just for you. The other 15 percent is stuff that the ungrateful person you're buying it for will return in January. Waste of time and energy. I used to love the holidays as a child but as an adult I just can't get into all this tomfoolery.
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

Hospitals are not the only thing open on Thanksgiving. Hotels, Bars, Clubs, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, and Gas Stations are all open here for the holidays. Nobody is going to die if they don't get gas, a stiff drink, or that turkey they forgot to pick up either, but I don't see any complaints. My cousin does collections and she is working on Thanksgiving, but I'm sure aint nobody paying sh*t on sh*t that day, but you can expect a friendly call from her reminding you of your bill while you are stuffing your mouth. Everybody doesn't honor or believe in the same holidays, so you can't force the world to go by your beliefs.
LOL at collections on Thanksgiving...these companies ain't ish...lol
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

who shops on thanksgiving?
You would be surprised. Folks will eat dinner and then go to Best Buy...some folks skipped dinner last year to get in line at Best Buy...and this was just getting in line waiting for doors to open...not actually shopping. A line formed at noon on Thanksgiving. smh.
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0ck_starr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:05pm
I'm an asst. manager at a clothing store in the mall.  have to work Black Friday but not Thanksgiving. That mall is the king of ratchet malls and our store I've heard is one of the craziest. Well, next year I won't be there (I just wanted to work right out of college and chose retail management...I hate it but that's another story). I have never been out on Black Friday (EVER), I don't take x-mas gifts that seriously. BF is overrated anyway. I'm dreading 13 hour days - 6 day work weeks and all other loads of crap because I chose this job. I'll make the best of it. I'll just pray, remember I'm just filling up my resume up and I won't be there next year Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic