Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Straightened hair for first time in 5 months!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lilmamabenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightened hair for first time in 5 months!
    Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 9:19pm
love it!
Sponsored Links

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 6:55pm
thanks ladies. Smile
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:25am
Nice!
aziza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:58pm
Beautiful hair!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by breBR3bre breBR3bre wrote:

Wow sorry to hear that babybug, I wish I could go 5 months without heat. The longest I've made it is 2 months lol, I can't believe it broke off from using heat one time. How hot did you have your flat iron and how many passes did you do?

and i think it's plus 400 degrees

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by BlaqueLaDeey BlaqueLaDeey wrote:

Have you tried a emoothing serum while you straighten it?  I use Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Extra Virgin Smooth & Polish Serum before I flat iron my hair and I LOVEEEEEE it!    ( I originally bought it for  the  smell) but it is  wonder ful for smoothing out the  curls in your hair.      I  used this to stretch my relaxer.   Smile
I am new to NATURAL (2 months) and  I will be using this  once I start to straighten my hair.  What is a good  time to start sraightening your hair  while  being a NEWBIE to natural.   (PS I am not doing the  big chop!)

Hm... i'm not sure lol naturally after this here experience i'm inclined to say "NEVAHHHH!!!" but i love heat, really, and it's not like it's the devil or anything. i would say there's no good time, per se, but since you don't intend to big chop i would guess that you could start right away with no adverse effects. the only thing you might want to evaluate is whether or not you intend to wear your hair in curly styles down the road, because straight ends leftover from the heat can probably corrupt your hair styles if you end up with too many of them. if you plan on being essentially "heat trained" or simply preferring straightened hair over curly styles, then i say go for it- but maintain your hair's health (protein and moisture treatments...finger detangling primarily...cowashing...low manipulation at all cost...prolonging weeks between straightening and utilizing protective styling in the meanwhile...etc.) whilst you do and keep flat ironing at an absolute minimum. i was lazy and didn't feel like taking all the precautions, but if you want a full on heat regimen then i advise that you do. or else you'll end up like me and my cautionary tale LOL

and you know what? i actually have tried smoothing serum a looong time ago. i don't remember if i had a good experience or a bad one since it was like...at the beginning of this year lol i went through the whole bottle so i must have liked something about it, but i don't think i ever applied it prior to passing the iron over. i think i always put it on after. 

can't remember which one i used. :( 
good luck, little noob! it's a fun ride Wink being on the natural express. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:58pm
lol. i certainly will be able to in another year! thank you!
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:02pm
You have lovely hair. I think you should claim APL.
BlaqueLaDeey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaqueLaDeey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:16am
Have you tried a emoothing serum while you straighten it?  I use Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Extra Virgin Smooth & Polish Serum before I flat iron my hair and I LOVEEEEEE it!    ( I originally bought it for  the  smell) but it is  wonder ful for smoothing out the  curls in your hair.      I  used this to stretch my relaxer.   Smile
I am new to NATURAL (2 months) and  I will be using this  once I start to straighten my hair.  What is a good  time to start sraightening your hair  while  being a NEWBIE to natural.   (PS I am not doing the  big chop!)
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:17pm
Thanks for the follow up!!!

I think I will hold off on hear for now.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic