Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Anybody on here personally know any actors?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Bootiful Cream

Author
bk2la981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk2la981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody on here personally know any actors?
    Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:47am
Ugh,.wrote a lot but something happened. I'm not putting sag down at all, it's great, it's mandatory eventually, just don't be in a rush to get it unless the rate is going up again.
Sponsored Links

bk2la981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bk2la981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:40am
Yes, I know a few. Being an extra is NOT the way to go. Having a sag card means crap these days. One of my famous actress friend had her sag card but then renounced it for a while because she wanted to do something that was being directed by a well known black director that was non union. She had to pay to renounce it and even faced losing it all together but she wanted the role more. It wasn't a movie but she made AWESOME connects in it which led her to where she is now. Sag also backfires because you can audition for sag roles then have a crappy resume because you got your sag card from being an extra which casting directors don't respect and take as a joke. Sag and extra work is good for one thing and that is making money. I made 1200 in 3 days as an extra once. Only 1% get moved up to speaking roles as an extra. My male friend, hmm idk how he got to where he is. I know they both did workshops. That's where my female friend got her agent, probably him too. But it helps that they are both ridiculously good looking. Both best looking people of 2012 types. They are both smart, college educated outgoing personalities.
MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:21pm
Uhm, I know Akosua Busia, the lady who played Nettie in the original "The Color Purple". She would still act if she wanted to , but she told me that theres more money in screenplays. She really got it out of luck. She did that role when she was 19 and auditioned, things were really different back then. I want to ask her to help me out, but I just dont know how.
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:05pm
Your best bet is to get a real job
iNFATUATE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iNFATUATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

You willing to get on that casting couch OP?

im willing to do anything...i mean ANYTHING

yes...im bout to holla at Tyler Perry

OuchOuchDeadDead
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:21pm
No.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:19pm
Start out beginning extra work, OP. If you're in California, Central Casting is a fantastic place to get gigs.

Your extra roles will mainly start out as background work, but work your way up to speaking roles. Whether it's a single line or a small conversation, your money will improve dramatically.

Aim for SAG/Screen Actors Guild work no matter how small. Get enough work from SAG and you'll be eligible to actually join as long as you pay your fee. Your work will improve substantially with the SAG backing you.

But remember the acting world is a competitive world with plenty of competition so I do recommend you do this on the side unless you become one of the lucky ones to actually snag something consistent like a well-playing movie or tv role.

Good luck!
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:14pm
LMAO!!! CC is stupid!
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:13pm
Lies honey
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:12pm
Remember to toot it back with enthusiasm K.Stern SmileLOL

Hmm, are there any acting forums or blogs for your area? Maybe see how people in your area are getting work and go from there.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic