Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Tips for sewing through thick wefts

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for sewing through thick wefts
    Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Ppl still sew through wefts? The whole install or just to secure the ends of the track?

I'd kill an installer for sewing thru my wefts! Angry
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 6:39pm
I don't think I want the kinda wefts that you need pliers to get thru .

But as a stylist, it would be better for you to sew around the wefts anyway. The wefts will last longer in case the person wants to re-install.

Where do you live and do hair that you've never heard of this kind of hair? I'm genuinely curious, no shade.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 5:58pm
Ppl still sew through wefts? The whole install or just to secure the ends of the track?

I'd kill an installer for sewing thru my wefts! Angry
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by cocopuffs cocopuffs wrote:

What I use are pliers to grip the needle. I always use a curved needle (don't know how you feel about the curved ones-some people hate those).  But grip the needle with the pliers (these are jewelry pliers BTW) kind of closer to the pointed end otherwise if you grip too far back the needle will bend too much under the stress and you'll risk breaking it.Once the point of the needle penetrates the thick weft, (about 1/4 or so inch) go on the other side with the pliers and pull the needle through.

Sometimes the weft is not only thick, it can be densely packed with hair and you need that extra strength of the pliers to both pierce and pull!Angry

not sure if serious 
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 7:29pm
What I use are pliers to grip the needle. I always use a curved needle (don't know how you feel about the curved ones-some people hate those).  But grip the needle with the pliers (these are jewelry pliers BTW) kind of closer to the pointed end otherwise if you grip too far back the needle will bend too much under the stress and you'll risk breaking it.Once the point of the needle penetrates the thick weft, (about 1/4 or so inch) go on the other side with the pliers and pull the needle through.

Sometimes the weft is not only thick, it can be densely packed with hair and you need that extra strength of the pliers to both pierce and pull!Angry
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

I only sew through when Im beginning or ending a track.  I sew around the rest of the weft.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:47am
I only sew through when Im beginning or ending a track.  I sew around the rest of the weft.
mspatty View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mspatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 5:41am
sew under and over the weft
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 4:19am
it better to sew around the weft...the weft will last longer
Twisamp1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twisamp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:18am
Hello All!!

I'm needing a little assistance. It's been a while since I've done a sew in. I my clients usually get Milky Way or a brand like that. I recently had someone come in with some Brazilian virgin hair that she got online for 300 dollars. I've never see such hair. I could hardly get my needle through those evil wefts.  In the end it was a little disatrous. OuchI figured I will need a smaller or sharper needle, but are there any more tips for sewing through are around extremely thick wefts?

Thanks!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style