Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Jehovah Witness and voting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jehovah Witness and voting
    Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

If you're christian, according to billy graham(was watching him and his son on CNN today), you should basically not vote democrat because it goes against your ideals( same sex marriage, pro-choice)

I guess you just have to decide how religious you are. I can't blame some people for wanting to be politically neutral.

This would make a good thread.

eta: I actually meant to quote your other post where you asked how people think "Jesus" would vote if he were here.

Edited by noneyons - Nov 06 2012 at 5:35pm
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:18pm
This thread lol
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

Originally posted by Wynter Wynter wrote:

Originally posted by beebeexx<strong> beebeexx wrote:

"respecting" someone's religion becomes difficult when their religion and by extension their beliefs are directly and actively engaged in trying to deny people rights, liberty, and historically, life.

having little to no respect for a Christians beliefs is no different than sh*tting on republicans, IMO.
religion has never been a private matter in this country. it's all up in our government and our laws.
if it wasnt so aggressively forced on the entire nation Christians wouldn't have to cry about all the so called persecution and disrespect.

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I'm not JW, but I respect their decision not to vote as well as their other beliefs. There is nothing difficult about allowing people to live THEIR lives the way they choose.

ETA: Within the law of course.

I don't think you're disagreeing with what I said.
my comment wasn't really directed at Jehovah's witnesses decision not to vote

I personally wish everyone who aligns their political beliefs with the dictates of their religion would choose not to vote.

LOL Thank you, but yes I am "respectfully" disagreeing with what you said. You may not have been talking about JW's vote but you did say that it's difficult to respect someone's religion and I don't think its difficult at all.

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

why them Brothas always knocking on my door ?
DeadLOLCry
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:01pm

"respecting" someone's religion becomes difficult when their religion and by extension their beliefs are directly and actively engaged in trying to deny people rights, liberty, and historically, life.

having little to no respect for a Christians beliefs is no different than sh*tting on republicans, IMO.
religion has never been a private matter in this country. it's all up in our government and our laws.
if it wasnt so aggressively forced on the entire nation Christians wouldn't have to cry about all the so called persecution and disrespect.

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I'm not JW, but I respect their decision not to vote as well as their other beliefs. There is nothing difficult about allowing people to live THEIR lives the way they choose.

I don't think you're disagreeing with what I said.
my comment wasn't really directed at Jehovah's witnesses decision not to vote

I personally wish everyone who aligns their political beliefs with the dictates of their religion would choose not to vote.

Edited by beebeexx - Nov 06 2012 at 5:05pm
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by iNFATUATE iNFATUATE wrote:

Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

When I say cult I mean they are not getting their directives specifically from a sacred text but that it's been made up recently by one or a few people. They aren't the only modern religion that can be considered a cult. Seventh Day Adventists follow the writings of Ellen G White as if they are doctrine so they could be considered a cult as well.

Wrong as hell.

(I may have messed up the quoting..so if you didn't write this Star, my b.)

No, I wrote it. Please correct me. How long have you been Seventh Day Adventist?
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:57pm

Again, I'm not JW so I'm not going to debate the voting issue. All I'm saying is that it we should be respectful of what others believe.

iNFATUATE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iNFATUATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

When I say cult I mean they are not getting their directives specifically from a sacred text but that it's been made up recently by one or a few people. They aren't the only modern religion that can be considered a cult. Seventh Day Adventists follow the writings of Ellen G White as if they are doctrine so they could be considered a cult as well.

Wrong as hell.

(I may have messed up the quoting..so if you didn't write this Star, my b.)

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:49pm

But the people in politics as well as voters want people to live their lives the way religious folks believe they should. There's nothing respectful about denying rights and dictating other's lives.
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 4:46pm

I'm sorry but I don't agree. I'm JW, but I respect their decision not to vote as well as their other beliefs. There is nothing difficult about allowing people to live THEIR lives the way they choose.

I don't think anyone is trying to force them to vote. Is it considered disrespectful to discuss whether the Bible tells us not to vote?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic